tattoojeff

stupidest student ever?

What the fuck is an AFRICAN AMERICAN BRITISH GUY?????

This is the fantastic. I love it.

It doesn't matter if you use 'Black' or 'African American', it's still a label. As this example so clearly shows.

Thanks for the laugh, that was fantastic. Stupid political correctedness. I will certainly be telling this one to all my BLACK friends. :)
---
Michael Teator
Lexington, Kentucky

no one cares. Racism isnt nearly as prevailant over here - it stems from the influx of asian people during the 50's after the emipre was sold off as opposed to being built into our society for generations like it was in america. Not saying it doesnt happen (someone hand me some flame proofing please) and in general there is a significant social divide - but mostly were just too lazy.

Apathy can go a long way ;)

I just call a black person black, white, white. I don't see the big deal. I'm not sure why people pushed to call blacks "African Americans". I don't complain when people call me white instead of "German American". We're all americans over here.

...the student dearched and dumped on his back. one of his line sets wrapped around his shoe and his parachute deployed in a slight turn with him hanging upside down underneath it. He kicked out of his shoe and got flipped right side up, and had an otherwise uneventful canopy ride.

Man. You could have been on my plane when I was JM'ing a guy that did the SAME exact thing. 'Cept his foot got caught in the riser and he was hanging upside down. Canopy was perfect, slider down. I told the pilot the same thing, "go around." I can remember saying out loud, "Please don't cut that away, please don't cut that away." Thinking... if he cuts that away... what a nasty situation that's gonna make.

Fortunately, he was a golden gloves type, kept his wits, did a hanging situp and got his foot out of the riser. whew.

During the debrief, he said, "Well, I saw that it was square and stable so I thought I'd just get my foot out." No hand tremors or nothing. To him, it was just part of the package. Calm, cool and situationally aware. I don't think it qualifies as "most stupidest student" as much as one of the "Most heads up" student I've had.

I just call a black person black, white, white. I don't see the big deal. I'm not sure why people pushed to call blacks "African Americans". I don't complain when people call me white instead of "German American". We're all americans over here.

Amen

just remembered anothe stupid student story. Was doing a hop and pop out of an islander. They had several static line students on the load and they were going out first (cos of their static lines).

I watched the first guy exit. He goes out with a great body pos, canopy opens, no twists. His canopy is fine and I watch it fly as the plane banks and goes round for another pass. Then I see him cut away and go straight to the reserve (rsl).

On the ground I talk to him about it to see what when wrong. Apparently he couldnt look up enough to see the canopy so cut away as he couldnt varify if it was big and square. He thought it was fine, it was flying nice and straight and level and his control checks worked fine... but he couldnt see his canopy so he thought better safe than sorry and cut away.

I didnt say anything to him... figured his instructor would re-educate him when he got his de-brief, but I simply couldnt follow the logic of cutting away a canopy that appeared to be fine for one which may well have a problem with it.

African Americans

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Reminds me of the time Brenda Reid listed herself as "an african-american female" on some government paperwork.
Perfectly accurate and legal, but it does not match the stereotype, seeing as how Brenda is a white South African of British descent.
Not a black gene in her entire body!
Hee! Hee!

It never ceases to amaze me how terms and phrases can take on lives of their own.
I stick my foot in my mouth every day by applying the original or logical definition to terms that have morphed.

I did it without even thinking about it. :S Where ever I have been (I've lived in 5 states and 2 countries) I have been yelled at for calling someone black. I really dont care who/what someone is, but I said it because I thought it would be easier to identify who it was.

Someone yelled at you for calling them black????

Did you say.."Hey blacky", or did you just refer to them as black?

That sounds pretty stupid. I am white, Barry bonds is black. That is just the way it is. Black is not a derogitory term...it is an adjective.

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

That's perfect!
All folks I have met from SOUTH-Africa are White.
Caucasian doesn't mean white either. It's derived from a Mountain region in Russia.
Ethnic means Eastern European;)
Not all *people are from AFRICA too.
I have relations from the "way back machine"/Pirate & Royal Navy Days that are from Jamaica for generations and can be concidered Scottish & *"Noir".
-Grant

"What is the first thing you do after you deploy and do a control check" She casually responded, "You look for your shadow" She was following her shadow the whole time.

Geez, don't feel bad. The finger thing wasn't so bad, but this shadow thing is absolutely insane. You go over the landing procedure so many times before you jump. I can't imagine the stupidity involved in that one. Her shadow?? :S
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

Thanks for the link to the video. I've only jumped a few times, but it's clear to me that he pulled his cutaway instead of his pilot chute, he never even tried to arch to get stable, and the narrator said that landing in the power lines is unlucky. UNLUCKY?!
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

That's perfect!
All folks I have met from SOUTH-Africa are White.
Caucasian doesn't mean white either. It's derived from a Mountain region in Russia.
Ethnic means Eastern European
Not all *people are from AFRICA too.
I have relations from the "way back machine"/Pirate & Royal Navy Days that are from Jamaica for generations and can be concidered Scottish & *"Noir".
-Grant

Yeah, we are waay off topic here.. but I would like to add that very few South Africans are even familiar with the word caucasian.
Using the word will get you responses like.. "Huh? you dont look asian at all!"
or "Erm.. uh.. yeah.. whatever!" as though you had just described some funky ethnic half-breed.
'White' and 'Black', when it needs to be specified, are common and acceptable terms in South Africa.

Lutz hahaahah
this is only my second post here, and i havnt sky dived yet but will over the next few weeks
I know i shouldnt really give an oppinion as i dont have any experience but that lutz guy is a funny idiot and i can clearly see the chord he pulls isnt the 1 that released the parachute
and like some1 said surely any1 without any experience would try and steer out of the way of powerlines :)