tattoojeff

stupidest student ever?

1) The student who chopped because the canopy was the wrong colour. All the photos were of red white and blue canopies, so what an orange white and green (or whatever) canopy appeared he decided he wanted another one...

Yes, thankyou, I almost did that on my very first jump! Out of all the things that were going on, it was the colour of the canopy that completely threw me.

Maybe not stupid, but scary...

AFF Level 1 student cuts away a perfectly good canopy at about 2K.

AFFI: Why did you do that?
She: I couldn't get the slider to go back up.
AFFI: What about the reserve slider?
She: I was scared!

Does anyone remember the vid of the student who ran into the volleyball net?

I seem to remember a post a long time back that had two pics attached....
-one was an aerial view of a DZ, presumably in the mid-west where there was nothing but open fields around
-the second of a student in the one tree for miles around.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

1) The student who chopped because the canopy was the wrong colour. All the photos were of red white and blue canopies, so what an orange white and green (or whatever) canopy appeared he decided he wanted another one...

Yes, thankyou, I almost did that on my very first jump! Out of all the things that were going on, it was the colour of the canopy that completely threw me.

My first reserve ride (hard/no pull main), all proceeded as I was trained until I had finished checking the reserve (square Fury)... I reached a stage of... "OK, now what?" For some reason, I could not make sense of those red things on the back of the risers... I had no idea that the toggles would ever be anything but yellow.:$

After a few seconds I clued in and got back in the game.

To this day, I like to show my rigging customers what their canopy, lines, risers and steering toggles look like so they have a clue when/if they need to use it.

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

Anyone ever have a student that just didn't ask any questions?

That can't be too smart right?

I know I ask way too many, what is this, what is that...how does this work, what if i do that what if I do this?

What would you rather have?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

AFF Course,....student fucked up ever single lesson,....was unbeliveble,...did not know the difference between right and left, tryed to pump up the slider in the vertical trainer ect.,....
even intense training did not worked,....
first we where seeking the hidden camera because we thought we getting filmed for "pranked" or something,...

in the end after he asked if he can jump now and the instructor told him:
" yeah man,...you will jump today!!!
you are one of the most awesome students ever!!,...so you dont NEED 2 instructors on AFF level 1,....you are so good that you only NEED 1 instructor!!!".....
...and then introduced him to a pretty anoyed Tandemmaster,...;)

On my first coach jump (#10), I lost altitude awareness and pulled about 1000 ft low. Decided I wasn't going to make it back to the DZ, so I found a nice long field to land in, turned in for an upwind landing, and at that point casually noted the gazebo full of stacks of plastic chairs and folding tables, and the swimming pool taking up some valuable landing space.

Needless to say, the people in the pool were not impressed when I smacked into the gazebo mid-flare, knocking over a few piles of chairs, and tangling my canopy up over the top of it (no injuries woo!). The farmer who owned the field rolled down on his tractor and told me about his visions for a world where skydivers didn't land in his (damn) fields all the time. Sorry dude! Luckily DZ some staff rolled up right then to smooth things out, nothing like a cute lady can turn an old redneck's frown upside-down that quick!

My next off landing a few jumps later went much better ;)

i can't believe that guy seriously went on tv to tell this story and its really wrong that tv producers didn't have an instructor there to publicly address his stupidity!

Some people just won't die no matter how hard they try.

My fave is watching him float into power lines with all that open field beside him!

That idiot is a lawyer in So. Cal now... when some jumpers emailed him about being a dope he replied:
F - - - YOU !!!! :)