tattoojeff

stupidest student ever?

thats the port holes in the ribs..." "See.. they all have those holes"!!! ...I felt pretty stupid the rest of the day!!:Sjason

Not as stupid as one guy back in the seventies. Crossports were a new development and some people would do it themselves with a hot knife. The way I heard it, this guy cut a lovely set of crossports in the top surface of his Unit canopy. Completely destroyed it. He wasn't even a student either...

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

One handle left... pull! Maybe a super-Lutz could even screw that situation up though, like maybe disconnect the leg and chest straps and fall out of the harness, because he thought they were deployment handles. Hrm... I wonder if the emtpy rig would have a Cypress fire? It'd be shame to get a good rig beat up for a Lutz.

Good Lord, I can't stop laughing at this! A "super-Lutz?"

I want to hear the lies straight from his mouth and give him a chance to fix them before I murder him. I'm so smart.

Good plan! I checked the California State Bar site, and found a Gordon Scott Lutz who was admitted to the bar in 1989 and practices in San Diego. This guy looked too young on the video.

Here comes another wave of laughter.....I better sign off:D super-Lutz undoing the straps:D:D:D:D

Please don't let me be a Lutz!

Bob
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

I have to admit I semi-Lutzed a couple of AFF jumps but I didn't do enough wrong to make me famous.

And you didn't whine loud enough and blame enough of your problems on non-self-entities.

If you make t-shirts, they have to include my favorite Lutzism. "There were powerlines EVERYWHERE!" A Super-Lutz logo could look like Superman logo but with a guy suspended from power lines in the center. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

OMFG, I just watched the Scott Lutz Film Clip, I can't believe that:
a) He would be such a fucking retard, &
b) nobody caught any of this in time to save it from being broadcast! I feel bad for those poor instructors that had to deal with him!!! It would be cool to hear from at least on of them in this forum!!

Blue Skies,
=========Shaun ==========

OH MY GOD! I actually went and watched that Lutz video! Is it just me or did the JM grab his hand to put it on the PC, and he broke his hand free and went for the cutaway?

I thought I saw the pull sign, the JM grabbing his hand, putting it on the bottom of the container, and then a half nelson from the instructor who plunged head down to try and keep the wayward person from doing something he should not have done. I'm a one jump newbie, and really have no ground to speak. But I will say again that this video inspired me as to the AFF program and the skydiving community.

Good work from my perspective, and I don't want to be a Lutz. Or a super-Lutz!

Bob
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

OMFG, I just watched the Scott Lutz Film Clip, I can't believe that:
a) He would be such a fucking retard, &
b) nobody caught any of this in time to save it from being broadcast! I feel bad for those poor instructors that had to deal with him!!! It would be cool to hear from at least on of them in this forum!!

Blue Skies,

what just popped into my mind: who tf gave away the video to these newpeople? the vidiot? the he really was the (a) dipshit
or did the vidiot give it to lutz to show him his utter stupidity and the dumbass had nothing better to do and run to these tv guys?:(
i wonder if these questions can be answered..
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

I heard this from my JM's, both are very nice people but they get really mad when they talk about that student. The guy was doing AFF 1 and he was a smartest ass in class. The exit went pretty ugly, the guy was tumbling and after struggling for some time JM's finally put him on belly. At pull time the guy goes head down and gets a death grip on the hand of JM trying to deploy him main. Finally, JM pulls the ripcord and tracks away. The student's main opens uneventfully and he begins to steer the canopy. As he later said on the ground' he remembered that in order to steer the canopy he need to pull the toggles. The guy finds a red 'toggle' (one handle release system) and pulls it slowly. As a result he releases one main riser and reserve begins to deploy while the second main riser is still attached to the harness. Fortunately, the guy 'steers' little bit more and main leaves. Nice reserve ride. The guy was told not to came back.

If it is true that the video was not safeguarded, it may be a result of the litigation process itself.

If the thing went to litigation, the video was produced in the discovery, and everybody or organization that was a party to the litigation had a copy of it. In essence, it is a public record, barring a protective order.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I also saw a Video where the C.E.O. of Virgin Records did the exact same thing during his training before one of his Baloon Flights. At pull time he grabs and pulls the cut away and the JM deploys his chute and the RSL opens his reserve.

i read somewhere the great olaf zipser did similar on his first jump....:P

----------------------------------------------------
If the shit fits - wear it (blues brothers)--

"Then I got the reserve out [wasn't him that got it out] and everything was fine. Until i was about to land."

Actually, if this is the man that we 'lovingly' call "Sparky" at Perris, he -did- deploy his own reserve. Cameraflyer, Koji, followed him until the pull, which was at about 1,000' and then deployed his own chute....his main!

(Koji landed just fine, thankfully).

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I just watched this video. How can something like this be shown on TV? How did that numpty wanker sit there and say "I deployed the parachute..." He blatantly pulls the cutaway!!!!

Interestingly enough, the last time RealTV had this playing, "Sparky" actually -did- admit his guilt in pulling the cutaway handle and gave credit to his AFFI's for being there, with him, and doing their job. My jaw almost hit the ground when I saw this confession, for the time before when I'd seen RealTV's version, he denied his culpability.

Amazing...

ltdiver

When I was still in AFF my S/O did a simaler thing to me. We had my canopy hanging b/c he was showing me how to inspect, when suddenly he starts the "oh my gosh" thing about the port holes. He knew better but was trying to get a rise out of me. Instead I got really bummed & almost started crying, cause this was my "new" used canopy & there was no way I could afford to replace it. In turn he felt like doo doo.:D

[Interestingly enough, the last time RealTV had this playing, "Sparky" actually -did- admit his guilt in pulling the cutaway handle and gave credit to his AFFI's for being there, with him, and doing their job. My jaw almost hit the ground when I saw this confession, for the time before when I'd seen RealTV's version, he denied his culpability.

Amazing...

I wonder if this was this after his lawsuit against the instructors/DZ got thrown out. Sparky Super Lutz, my hero. And I love the shirt idea.

Bob
Bob Marks

I have the suspicion that this Lutz fellow did what he did on his jump on purpose, so he can sue the dropzone. The chain of events seems simply too incredible.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Would someone seriously risk their life just to get rich off of a dropzone? For that matter, is it even possible to get rich off of a dz? ;)

Seems pretty risky...you know, if I survive this I'll be rich. Just a thought.
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

That's good to know... I'd like to see the confession. Where'd you get the name Sparky?

If I can swing it, I'll see if I can upload it to the internet this week. I taped it from the TV on VHS, so the quality won't be that good, but the confession still rings in my ears.

He got the name "Sparky" when he did absolutely -nothing- to steer clear of the powerlines once his reserve canopy opened. He hit the lines/pole (sparks flying) and fell the rest of the way to the ground in a thud. The power lines are at the far edge of the very northern most part of the Perris DZ and one has to try very hard to hit them...which he did.

ltdiver

Happened years ago, in France.
We were watching a load of S/L first jumps at around 3,500 ft.
the first jumper out never went for the toggles and let the canopy ride him to wherever it was going. Comes out number 2 and does the same, and dutyfully follows #1. Both landed in the cemetery of the nearby village, sound and safe. When asked why they didn't go for the toggles, they said they didn't knew why. We never saw them again, but were know at the DZ to be "so dumb even the dead rejected them"B|

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

You know you might be a Lutz if your name has become a synonym for acts of stupidity.
(Is that redundant?)

I have the suspicion that this Lutz fellow did what he did on his jump on purpose, so he can sue the dropzone. The chain of events seems simply too incredible.

If he thought THAT was gonna work after signing all the waivers and buying video he'd be as bad a lawyer as he was a skydiver.

On the other hand he did sue the power company...

>The tandem that pulled on me at 9k since he misread the alti was a fun one too...

Hey folks... I AM a student (Gee... Is it ok for me to post here? B|)

Anyway... I was doing my AFF II this past weekend and I took my 63yo father to the DZ to do a Tandem.

I was on the 2nd to last load and my Dad went up on the last. I was filling in my log book and debriefing after my jump when me and the JM saw the canopies descending from the last jump. We BS'd, smoked (Do ALL skydivers smoke?) and drank a beer as well as finished our debrief. At least five full minutes passed when my JM looked up and said "What the hell is that?"

It turns out that "that" was my dad. He got confused right after exit and when the JM tapped his shoulders to uncross his arms he reached back and pulled the rip cord. Altitude: 12,500 ft.

Not a big deal though. I mean, heck - he got IN the plane and jumped out of it. He did what he set out to do. Damn long canopy ride though...

Another thing... He paid $69 for a video. The video is approximately 8 seconds long! LoL
I don't take risks to escape life.
I take risks to keep life from escaping.