airborne82nd

which crossbraced has the least twitchyness

loading a few common crossbraced canopys

xaos fx vx velocity onyx and the other few wich one has the least twitchy in turns.

loading out at 1.66.

current jumper fly a crossfire and is really good with it annd loves that the crossfire isnt a fast turning canopy but that it dives has great glide and awesome flares and rockin openings.

he is looking for a x braced equivalent to the crossfire so the least eliptical slowest non twitchy crossbraced canopy.

i know its a stupid question but some of us out here dont like diablo spinning canopiues and want to swoop and dive and have a great glide.

any takers on this.

i have one opinion someone said that the fx is good for that but the vx is a lot more snapy.

thank you for all who answer. myself i am happy with the crossfire for a 500 more jumps

my opinion is that if you don't want a "twitchy" canopy then don't get into xbrace or highly loaded wings. "twitchy" is a term used for responsive to weight shift and control change and that is the benefit of having the canopy when you are able to keep a handle on it.

Icarus Neos fits quite good in the description,

but if the jumper is loading at 1.66, I, as a non-instructor-canopy coach-whatever qualification, would rather recommend to jump a slightly higher loaded crossfire or similar (but you can't beat Icarus openings ;))
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

have person get a crossfire2 at 1.8-1.9 instead of crossbrace at low wingloading...

trust me I love my crossfire2 119 at 1.9ish (winter beer loading is in full effect)

Cheers

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Why a crossbraced canopy at that wingloading?

I have jumped a vx, fx and velocity at wingloadings of 1.9 - 2.3

if less twitchy-ness is what you want and still get good surfs then the fx would be a good choice.
the vx and velocity were definately snappier - all three stayed in a dive a long time.

but..... with a wingloading of 1.6 I am not sure it would be stepping foreward in performance...

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

If your going to fly at a WL less than 2.0, there isn't much point in getting a crossbraced for swooping. The twitchyness that you are describing, mostly comes along with high performance crossbraced canopies...even some very HP non crossbraced canopies can be somewhat twitchy. Its kinda like the Red Bull acrobatic plane.....now that little SOB is a twitchy Mofo, but look what it can do.....same with canopies for the most part.

If you are going to stay in the 1.6-1.8 range....try a Katana on for size. I believe that you will find that it opens fine if you dont fly it...just keep your feet and knees together and relax. As for the dive on that canopy...well, its a diving machine for a non-crossbrace. It almost dives as much as the Velo. This is what I fly at 1.8, and I compete against all the big boys in the CPC...and do quite well for what I'm flyin.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....