dharma1976

Post your Hot Swoop X-Rays

Oh Ian, you did not have to do that just to show your solidarity. I feel like I'm setting a trend at The Farm...!;)

This happened August 8, 2010 at a demo jump into a rodeo arena. Winds were light. Canopy- Velo90, WL- 2.4

I did not walk the 200 x 300 feet landing area before the jump. Lesson learned! I can honestly say those bulls leave pretty deep footprints in the dirt!! Not friendly to oncoming human ankles.

Injury: Spiral distal fibula, non-displaced. No reduction or surgery needed. Even the mortice was preserved (for those of you ortho enthused). I guess if you are breaking something, this is the way to go.

Cost to me: $0.00 Thanks Emory ortho and spine center.

HISPA #5

Oh and jump 200ish on a sabre 2 150 loading at 1.3 1.4ish. 180 degree turn about 30 to 50 feet lower then normal. Went to rears thinking I had enough time to level it out vs using the toggles. Thankfully only scrapes on ankles and kness and some strained muscles in my lower back after bouncing the lower half of my body like a sheet of plywood bowing and landing 30ft later. Lots of coaching as im not unbreakable and much more conservative, no incidents since then :ph34r:

hey, Remi - glad you're still making progress in rehab!

"Maybe a bit low?" I heard it was "definite" and a "lot". Hardened judges said they shut their eyes as you committed to it.

I heard you gave up the rears AND the gates, too, but at least you kept the power on max, eh? see you in September?
ciel bleu
Richard

5 month ago, under my FX89, maybe a bit low turn...
i'm already over 150k$, still on rehab, but absolutely nothing on my charge, just because i'm french...:P

get some double reinforcement on your next swooppants. It will keep the femur from punching a hole through the pants :)

Blue sky, red pants
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Hey Rem !! I was 20 ft away from your impact and I have to say that was WAY WAY too low, I m super super glad you re getting better now! what a crash !

Good luck on your Rehab!

By the way, here is my X Ray from Dubai last november: I caught inside marker on gate 3! Still on Rehab too...
Patrick

No xrays or pix as of yet. Though when I did go in I got EXTREMELY lucky and didn't break a single bone. Folks thought I was dead on impact. Friends landing next to me, an RN running as quick as she could when I came to. Not to mention the blood that was on TOP of my canopy. How that happened, I do not know? Oh and the only video that captured this, he recorded over on accident! That was a major let down! Haha..

Since the accident I have learned to recognize whats wrong and whats right. This accident was on the last jump of my old canopy before I upgraded to a X-Braced. I now jump a velo103 and hadn't went in since. Sort of a wake up call to never get complacent. Complacency is a killer!

Blue Skies and Safe Swoops!
GO BIG OR GO HOME!

first jump of the season.. two weeks ago from today!

17,5 h on the surgery table!

looong way back, but hey.. still alive :-)

ouch, looks like you spent the night with Banesura :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

i used a friends jvx 89 when i crashed.

my new 84 come from nz this week so it´s brand new.
black technora400 lines. give me your email so i can send you the color setup. and i want same price as a new one. maybe we can split the shipping costs??

i can't jump until next summer, so i don't need the canopy any more!!

my email: [email protected]

Holy crap. I just saw the profile with the 2 years of experience and the JVX.

Yes, i agree - he was a bit behind the power curve, but i think he learned his lessons, so let's just move on. Those lessons of course are: "Get a smaller canopy", "Add more rotation" and of course the most important one: "Trust your rears".
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

Holy crap. I just saw the profile with the 2 years of experience and the JVX.

Yes, i agree - he was a bit behind the power curve, but i think he learned his lessons, so let's just move on. Those lessons of course are: "Get a smaller canopy", "Add more rotation" and of course the most important one: "Trust your rears".

but but....what about the gates?
HISPA #93
DS #419.5