Beverly

South African Swoop Pond finished

The "very" long awaited pond has been completed at the Johannesburg Skydiving Club in South Africa.www.jsc.co.za

The Swoop Park at JSC is the result of two years worth of research and careful preparation.

Now the reward has been worth the wait as JSC has a 120m by 50m mass of water created especially for the South-African canopy pilots and to promote this spectacular discipline in its true form for the first time in South Africa.

The swoop pond meets all IPC competition requirements for canopy piloting and is large enough to practice even the most radical freestyle maneuvers.

Thanks to vision, research and hard work, we have created not just a pond but a truly spectacular Swoop Park. This is a massive cleared area covering 600m by 200m and is currently being lawned around the water’s edge.

JSC’s high altitude (4800ft) makes it a perfect world record setting venue.
For this reason and with IPC regulations requiring the run-offs to be at least 50m longer than the current world record, we felt it important to ‘Go Big’.

The 2007 SA Nationals for CP was awarded to JSC last night at the Sports Skydivers Association meeting.
Dates are: 6-9 April 2007.

I think true friendship is under-rated

Twitter: @Dreamskygirlsa

I'd like to congratulate everyone that was inviolved in the project, from the original vision to those that helped build her and helped with ground work and the people who helped raise funds. This thing is gonna be badass! Now let's swooooooooooooooop >:(

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

That bastard got my old baby wet!!!! :P

Looks nice T. I'm hoping to make it to SA in 2007 for some family stuff and will make sure I stop by if I end up going back.

Blues!
Ian
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

No liner.

Beas is the expert here...

The geological guys said it will leak for a bit, but apparently the soil is clay like, with a dolomite rock base - and it will seal quite nicely.. and we're not short of water as a feeder dam was built as well.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

as if one isnt enough ;) Pretoria skydiving club opened their new swoop pond a couple of weeks ago too. this pond (as seen in pics) looks more like a lane where the jsc pond is much larger and diamond shaped. the psc pond has a filter and lining.

lucky lucky us!

here is my friend Rob Kruger on a his 79 machine by parachute systems (rob is quite the machine himself )B|

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

the biggest swoop pond with the smallest canopy and the thinnest lines, the dodgy-est pack job and the biggest wing suit - come on t - you know how it goes on SA ;)

ps - lets call it approx 75m :P depending on the moon phase

I win the dodgy-est pack job hands down, and have since 1985.

Tonto's 2 rules of packing.

1. Don't worry.
2. If it's ugly, hide it away.

:)

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Sorry dude but you really have to let go now. :PAfter our honeymoon at the world's she's all mine and she might just be swimin a lot!:ph34r:
Say, when you sellin the one you have for a new one??? hehehe
You ex zaffers gotta get out here an play... what about a seminar from da beeg boyz ova da ocean at our nats in april??? Paulie you too bro c'mon...
People dont care how much you know until they know how much you care.