ove

Groundlaunch! Safire 169 at 1.3?

Hello

Pros and cons g.l. a safire 169 at 1.3? Possible with higer wingload? Harness? Instructions on video?
Crossfire 2 149 at 1.42?

Realy like mountainering, but don't like to walk down :) Sort of fast paragliding home. Good or bad idea?

Ove

Do, or do not. There is no try.

What's the worst that could happen?

I've done some groundlaunching long, long ago. Mid 80's. The sides of mountains can be rough places to land.;) While GLing higher performance canopies is a relatively simple and rewarding practice, it's normally done in a place chosen for the landing area.

That doesn't sound like what you're planning.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

[..] Realy like mountainering, but don't like to walk down :) Sort of fast paragliding home. Good or bad idea?
Ove

Well you don't like to walk down but do you like to run downhill?
Because depending on the wind conditions you might have to run quite a lot before take off... :P

You never know what the wind conditions will be up there when you get there, if the wind is not coming from the right direction or if it's too strong you won't launch so you'll have to carry everything down.
Plus what he said about the landing; that's the part where you can get seriously hurt (although in my case I got hurt while fucking up a take-off)...

I'm not saying you can't do it (but then start with the lower WL; 1.3 is good enough), but do not think that there is no risk...