chayes12

PD Challenge Swoop Comp – Cross Keys Invasion

Hey Donna
It would be really great to see you guys come down for this one since we don't get to see you this month.
So...

Will PRO competitors have any practice jumps at the beach ? If yes, what will be the cost of practice jumps? and when

There will be practice jumps on Thursday January 4th at the beach that will take off from the DZ at a cost of $16

Where will PRO competitors be taking off from ? (Sonic wanted to know that one) How far is the beach from the DZ, assuming that is where you will be taking off from.

We will be combining the comp jumps with the Heli and the plane from the DZ. We will rotate people through the Heli each day. So everyone does one jump from Heli per day and three from the plane. The Heli will be taking off from the parking lot of the Sebastian Beach Inn. Right at the beach location and there will be a bus to take competitors back to the DZ. It's about a 30 minuite drive to the DZ. We are doing four comp jumps per day competitors will only need to take one ride from the beach to the DZ in the morning and one in the afternoon.
Hope this answers Sonic's question and hope you can talk him into coming down.

FYI Chris we got a big group heading there from Atlanta, About 10 people so far.
We will sign up for the PDFT skills camp soon. Need to get some high performance coaching in before the comp.

What's up Atlanta? Good to hear you guys are comin down. Should be a good time. A lot of stuff going on. Slots are starting to fill up. Remember there are limited slots for this one for the skills camps so hopefully everyone interested can participate.

Register at
www.pdchallenge.com

Some people have been having trouble booking their room at the Best Western i have just spoken with the manager down there and the problems have been fixed, They are ready to take your reservation at the discounted rate for this event.

BEST WESTERN 772 388 9364 (quote crosskeys invasion/sebastian skydive when booking)
Thankyou and sorry for any inconvenience.

Tempted.... Very tempted...

temptation is over, your going to be there. enough said!B|

in other words you will be there. even if it is cheaper for you to fly to ATL. and Shimell drives you!:P

Really want to, but homeboy wants to jump on the beach...

Boyee!!

Blog Clicky

Because of work commitments I'll have to miss practice day (yikes) but I will be there for the comp.

How accessible will the landing area be for a walkthrough before the comp starts?

Blues
Ian
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

so what time are we to be there thursday for the intermediate comp. just wondering what time to leave orlando

You will need to be there no later than 8 am. All intermediate competitors are strongly urged to do at least one practice jump before the competition starts.
Hopefully everyone will be there on Wednesday for a practice jump, but if not there will be one or two practice loads on the morning of the intermediate comp.
Intermediate competitor briefing will be at 9:00 am with round one at 9:30

Seems like the whole skydiving community are talking about this event. Im glad im going. Even though im not a swooper i will be at the beach in support of what seems to be the Biggest competition of the century.
Chris ,Kim, Emma, Pd, Fastrax your work in the skydiving community is highly respected and appreciated.

Spread the word everybody and come out to support the swoopers.

Thanks for your continued support. It is a great project and we are having fun working on it. We very much look forward to seeing you all in January at The PD/Fastrax Challenge and also look forward to an exciting 2007 season to follow....

Slots are filling up for this event.
Everyone out there interested can register to reserve your slot.

www.pdchallenge.com

Oakie doakie dude,

SIgned up, ready to go, however,I would like to express my disappointment in that I am not covered under the IPC weight restrictions. Sure.....everyone leave the fat kid out......he has no feelings.B|

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

Chris, what is the expected outcome of the Pro event, and what days would you need to be there specifically for the pro event only? Thanks

I think there will be 30 competitors at the Pro event and many more participating in the skills camps and intermediate comps

You should be there to practice on Thursday January 4th on the beach and for competition on Friday January 5th and 6th.

Remember this event is pre registration. It is a big event and we are asking for people to pre register so that we can make this event run very smooth. You can register online at

www.pdchallenge.com

Also be aware that you will need a flotation device for this event to jump at this beach.

I really hope you can make it out for this one shadowswoop97