Maxim

Risers that lock down slider.

G'day,

after reading a post i saw someone talking about RWS trulock risers, am i right in beliving these lock the slider down after you stow it.

i looked around on the RWS website and couldnt find anything on them. where could i purchase a pair of these and what other companies make them

Thanks in advance.

Life is Great. Even Greater what we do with it.

The trulock system has to do with the toggles.

What you're looking for are slocks (if I remember correctly). There have been a few variations of the slider locks on DZ.com over the years. The absolute fix is a partial RDS in which you remove the slider, but that solution isn't for everyone.

Do a search, you'll find some threads about it as well as diagrams for your rigger to add slocks to your risers. All in all its very simple and would be a very quick mod for a rigger to do.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've got the big air sportz variety on one of my sets of risers and like them a lot. They are simple, work well and don't take any thought to deal with, as opposed to having the velcro thingy on your reserve flap or your jumpsuit. I never liked those systems, always were a pain in the butt, in my opinion.

I have built a couple different versions of slider-catchers.

Hee!
Hee!
Flash back, man!
Why those the term slider-catcher remind me of little birds flying around stealing sliders???
... sort of like tiny gnat-catcher birds ...
Hee!
Hee!
I built the first pattern a decade ago while working for Rigging Innovations. They were made from 1" wide Type 3 tape wrapped around a flat plastic stiffener (3/4" wide). They formed a down-ward facing barb that caught the slider once it was pulled down within two inches of the crotch.

A couple of years ago, Andreas asked me to sew some triangular slider-catchers to his risers. It took me three prototypes, but I finally figured out that a 3 inch long piece of Type 4 tape (1.5 inch wide) folded into a triangle worked best. Triangular slider-catchers are even easier to sew than Brian Germain's Slocks.