BirdBabe1

Luigi and JC on Discovery Channel

Luigi will be shown landing into a moving Corvette at 70mph on Discovery Channel's Stunt Junkie Program - Aug 30th at 10:00 PM. JC is the Corvette driver. He's proven to be a successful driver and teammate in this situation for sure. You can check out this past photo of ours... Can't wait to see Luigi's Canopy/Corvette stunt.

Based on the context of your post it's a bit misleading.

JC has infact been a driver for his team mates landings on moving vehicals, but at no time did Luigi land that 39sq ft VX on that Hybusa shown in the photo at WFFC 2004. They were just kiting it around.

Not dissing anyone, just killing rumors befor they start.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Oh my, you're right! I must have been sleepy last night not to notice that. Thanks for clarifying. I had just received an email from JC mentioning Stunt Junkies, so I started looking at photos... I have one of Clint landing on the four wheeler with JC driving... but you're right - certainly not with the 39sq ft VX.

Now that you mention it, I wonder what canopy Luigi did fly for this stunt.

Awesome show. Concepts of sizes/wingloading, benefits of a larger wing, crosswinds etc were well explained for non-skydivers too.

It occured to me that this was probably filmed months ago - since Corliss was still the host for this episode.

Not too long ago, though, because JC was wearing his PD factory team shirt on "practice day".

Ultimately, Luigi showed some pretty amazing ability to deal with shitty conditions. Crosswind was 15 mph+; they didn't get a "real" convertible; he had to pick up his feet to clear that barbed-wire fence; JC literally pulled him into the car. It looked very sketchy, but they managed to pull it off.

FWIW, I have seen them do very similar things on a BUNCH of occasions at PPPB/PST meets and at the convention. They really do make a good team. Respect.

Chuck

Awesome show. Concepts of sizes/wingloading, benefits of a larger wing, crosswinds etc were well explained for non-skydivers too.

It occured to me that this was probably filmed months ago - since Corliss was still the host for this episode.

Is this show posted on the internet anywhere? I don't have cable. Thanks.

my wife was at a 4-way camp in Perris and watched them do the stunt. They had to postpone it for a while because they accidentally brought a coupe to the airport first. She said they decided to do some practice runs, and he got it on the first one. They then started filming, and he missed a few times first.
God made firefighters so paramedics would have heroes...and someone can put out the trailer fires.