rhys

Jvx Or Vx with mods?

I am going to buy a new canopy and i'm not too sure on which one to get! i have jumped a vx but not a jvx but the openings look nicer on the jvx.

also which loading to get. i am currently on a fx89 at 2.0-2.1 depending on breakfast. but what is the ideal wingloading for distance?

any input much appreciated.:)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

There are big differences between the VX an JVX design wise. The nose, No Stabs, and Line Trim. and Sail cloth options I've jumped both allot and bought the JVX and glad I did. Kind of wish I'd known the Sail Cloth Hybrid option was coming I would have gotten that as my 2nd canopy.

Not sure where you are located but we are having the Wicked Liquid Swoopers Boogie this coming weekend and there should be several JVX's out there. We will be at SkydiveThe Farm in Rockmart, Georgia.. You should check it out if possible.

Thanks.

i thought i would like to get a loading about 2.1- 2.2

i won't make it to the farm as i am in Norway!

and will soon be in africa. at ana elevation of 2400' so long dives and swoops.

B|
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Tanzania!!!

a new dropone is opening there in the next few days. the guy doing the red tape etc. is a friend/examiner of mine and myself and my partner were lucky enough to get work there.

the owner is an english guy that owns a very succesful balloon safaris business there so i am confident in the marketing etc.

the airfield is in a town called Moshi, which is the closest town to Mt Kilimanjaro B|,

there seems to be many mountains around there so i'm hoping to get some ground launching in too!

www.skydivekilimanjaro.com

hey rhys,scott here.hope the worlds went ok.I been lokking at a new weapon as well,mainly because I made the mistake of jumping a brand new vx with jvx line set.ricky has one too and I thought it was reeeeeal good.Havn't tried a jvx so not sure about them.all I've heard is they swoop wicked and open slow,like too slow.

good question.from the feel of the canopy there was a real change in trim.front riser pressure was low and rear riser pressure high compared to vx set.just seemed better to me but not sure if it will equate to better swoops.it sure
seemed like it should.openings were not all slammy like the vx either.

Hey scottie,

i thought you had attillas jvx for a while?

What does ricky think of the new vx? why did he not want a jvx. i suppose if he's filming sasa on a back to back:D:D he wouldn't want to go in!!.

Yes I had it for a while but never used it before needed it back.I think Ricky got the VX because of the price and practicality as much as the E.B factor.I read somewhere that HMA lines are only good for 200 jumps max.That would be silly having to send your canopy away every 6 weeks for a re-line that could take them 2 or 3 weeks to get back to you depending on the Auckland party scene.Not much swooping time there.
Africa sounds awesome.Let us know what its like and make sure you do some balloon jumps eh.

I think Ricky got the VX because of the price and practicality as much as the E.B factor.I read somewhere that HMA lines are only good for 200 jumps max.

you don't have to get HMA on the JVX. your choices of line are.

550 spectra
725 spectra
750 vectran
550 vectran
350 HMA

Giday Rhys mate hows worlds treatin you guys??
Yeah the vx with the jvx lineset is very nice, the openings are super nice, even better than the velo!!! The lines are about 15cms longer than the vx lines which is huge, it makes for a longer dive. The canopy pitches alot steeper aswell which makes the front riser pressure lighter, very similar to a velo, and the rear pressure heavier and super powerful and responsive.
And yeah jumping with the E.B's was deffinatly a factor when deciding to go for the vx over the jvx. Plus like Scottie said we jump so much that sending it back for a reline every 6 weeks just isn't an option.
But... I want to go to the US to skydive but mainly swoop in the future and then I will go for a JVX with the sail material. With the sail the canopy dives about 100ft longer than ZP, word is 'this is THE most aggresive canopy the PST boys have ever flown, even some of them are skiding in!!! SICK!!! :)

I am going to buy a new canopy and i'm not too sure on which one to get! i have jumped a vx but not a jvx but the openings look nicer on the jvx.

also which loading to get. i am currently on a fx89 at 2.0-2.1 depending on breakfast. but what is the ideal wingloading for distance?

any input much appreciated.:)

having jumped both, I would choose the JVX.

and as for the lines not lasting, you can get vectran as your line if you choose to do so. see my above post.

download the JVX order form and see for yourself what the line options are.

Thanks for the reply,

and how about thesem openings, are they really 1500' openings or is that just someone stuffing the nose in a rollong the shit out of the tail?

Hey ricky ma man,

you got your drouge whore rating yet? i bet youve had to move the soft fence by now eh? that landing area must be getting pretty small by now.

take care bruvs, say hi to the crew for me, especially jonsey!!:S:D

Thanks for the reply,

and how about thesem openings, are they really 1500' openings or is that just someone stuffing the nose in a rollong the shit out of the tail?

are you asking about the JVX?

the openings are quite nice if the canopy is packed correctly. I wouldn't call the 1500 ft openings by any means.

yeah i was talking about the jvx,

this is my last concern with it. if it opens in less than 1000' every time im sold!

what do you to pack it "correctly"?

Yeah baby we take that whole fence down now.
If you go for the JVX get the sail material that's what I'll be doing but they like to be loaded REAL high 2.5-2.6 if you get ZP 2.3-2.4. Dooo it.
Yeah I'll say wosup to jonsey tonight I'm gunna go hit the piss with him at sub culture hahaha... cock :)

If you go for the JVX get the sail material that's what I'll be doing but they like to be loaded REAL high

and i can bust out my old racer to fit it in?? the pack volume on thosew thing are huge!

isn't 2.2 idael for distance?

make sure jonsey busts out his stash so you can be on the sway untill surise at subbies! chewing you teeth to stumps;);)B|

yeah boy me and jonsey up all night tripen balls, bitches an 40's you know his style haha :)
2.4 has always been the ideal loading for vx's and velo's etc depending on the pilot and how you like to fly. It's just that not many people are skilled enough to benefit from that loading. Mickey who won the nats was loading his velo 90 at 2.5!!! and his swoops were HUGE 150+ meters in the last round (through the whole corse and over the accuracy tuffet) :).
The jvx with sail likes to be loaded even higher. I say go for a 2.3 loading for freestyle and accuracy and get yourself a weight belt for distance. I'm loading my 89 at 2.25ish depending on how many doughnuts I have for breakfast and have a belt arriving anyday.
doo it.
When do you start at the DZ let me know how it is maybe you need some camera staff if all goes well for ya's ;)