Sonicfreefly

Icarus NEOS

You didn't think it had greater riser pressure than your Crossfire or any oversteer?

3 more jumps on it this weekend, I found riser pressure lighter than on my Crossfire, understood what you meant by oversteer.. Thought about you coming out of a big "altitude" riser turn. countered the exit of the turn with my harness.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Some of the stuff I've heard from the designers at Icarus is that they put the oversteer into the canopy so you can start your swoop with no inputs on the canopy. The more you jump it, you'll start to anticipate it and adjust for it. It starts to feel normal after a while.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

Openings are even better than on the Crossfire2.

Don't you think the openings on a crossfire are maybe a little bit too long? If what your saying is correct then I might say the neos is a ridiculously long opening canopy. Before I started changing the way I packed my crossfire it was to the point where the opening sometimes took 800ft to open. just my opinion
Na' Cho' Cheese

Not any longer, but completely under control. I have yet to have more than a 90 on my Neos. And once the canopy has found its heading during the first second of the snivel, it has not moved. It is the best opening canopy I have ever jumped.

Imagine a canopy that opens as soft as a Crossfire2 and "does not" go off heading. Thats the Neos.

Johnny
Mike Rome

Don't you think the openings on a crossfire are maybe a little bit too long? If what your saying is correct then I might say the neos is a ridiculously long opening canopy. Before I started changing the way I packed my crossfire it was to the point where the opening sometimes took 800ft to open. just my opinion

Well them 800ft openings are not ridiculously long for me :P
If I want fast openings, I open a reserve or a BASE canopy, NOT a skydiving canopy.

most of the people that have said to me the crossfire/icarus openings are too long are people that are used to contantly getting slammed by 200' openings on sabres stilettos etc.

a longer opening canopy is better for the human body but opening height has to be allowd for. I actually enjoy the opening sequence!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

There is one NEOS demo over at Sunshine Factory. Everyone who has jumped it seems to like it.

What size canopy the demo is? I'll be there from 19th December to 9th January and would like to demo the Neos if it is in any proper size.

I have spoken with Icarus and the NEOS will be officially released in feb 07 however the response from the demos they have sent out is so good that you can order one now (like i have), I have also spoken with dave Ruffell from sunshine factory and the NEOS he was jumping at Z-Hills was an 84'.
As for the openings on my crossfire, 800'-1000' depending on conditions. and i'm more than happy to wait, i've had some back breakers on stiletto's and sabre's. In my humble opinion Icarus have their opening sequence spot on. I'm a very happy crossfire pilot. B|
Full Power..... No Compromise!!!

What would you like to now?
Tj

when the info will be online.

I am an Icarus fan, love their products, but the company in general lack "giving information" , even if a couple of rep's are very very helpful.

I was given the info that the Neos would be online shortly after PIA, still nothing on the horizon...

I have heard a lot from you guys here in this forum, and it was great info.

But like piisfish says, I need some info from Icarus themselves.

Just like when any other canopymanufacturer make a new product, they also produce some kind of info (flight characteristics, minimum/max wingload, preferred wingload etc. etc etc.) about the canopy which is available for everybody.

On the Icarus website, you can read a lot about the VX, FX, Crossfire, and all the other canopies Icarus are making. But you can't read anything about the Neos, despite you already can buy the canopy.

The new website is under construction, and will be online as soon as it is ready, but there are some other things in the works that are more inportant right now, like getting the production times down and working with customers.

I have been looking forward to the new site too, so I know how you feel.

Johnny
Mike Rome

I'm not looking in to buy the Neos/getting a new canopy this season, and therefore didn't wanted TJ to explain it all.

The reason I asked, was out of curiosity for Icarus products in general. I also find it strange, that you can order the canopy, but Icarus haven't released any info (which is available for everybody) about the canopy.

I'm not looking in to buy the Neos/getting a new canopy this season, and therefore didn't wanted TJ to explain it all.

The reason I asked, was out of curiosity for Icarus products in general. I also find it strange, that you can order the canopy, but Icarus haven't released any info (which is available for everybody) about the canopy.

all I can say, is I guess not everyone works like we do here in the U.S.;)