ntacfreefly

CPC Meet at Skydive New England this weekend

There will be a CPC meet at Skydive New England this weekend (June 30, 31 and July 1st).

Free coaching for competitors will be available Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Hope to see you there!

Blues,
Ian
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

Yep - we'll both be there. Keeping an eye on the weatherbut so far it's looking doable :)
Rain or shine, we'll be there.

Blues,
Ian

Like Dallas last December?:D:D
Ian, i won't be there, but it is guys like you who make this sport so damned fun. I appreciate it.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Special thanks to everyone who participated, I'm sure the event organizer will post the results soon!

It was a pleasure getting to meet all of you and spend some time with you all. It was great to see the level of piloting in the area continue to improve and you were all a pleasure to work with.

A very special thanks to Skydive New England for holding the event, and making such an effort to keep everything flowing smoothly and well, despite some challenging weather early on in the day on Saturday.

Good luck to everyone for the rest of the season!

Blues,
Ian

Pics from the event. If anyone wants a picture from the stuff here just let me know and I'll put you in touch with the photographer.

Blues
Ian

and finally I'd like to make special mention of Katie Drennan (yes I realize I'm biased :D) for laying down a 3.83 second speed run through the 180 foot carving course in 10-15 mph cross/headwind conditions.

She is jumping a KA 107 loaded at 1.3 doing 180 degree turns.

So for all you people on non-xbraced canopies 'holding off to compete' - get your asses to the nearest CPC meet and start laying down some runs :)
edit: Oh and she doesn't use rear risers either.

Blues,
Ian

I'd like to make special mention of Katie Drennan (yes I realize I'm biased Laugh) for laying down a 3.83 second speed run through the 180 foot carving course in 10-15 mph cross/headwind conditions. She is jumping a KA 107 loaded at 1.3 doing 180 degree turns.

Yes that is a very respectable time for someone only loading their 107 Katana canopy at 1.3 (and I'm not bias unlike that certain S.A. dude). Congrats Katie and keep up the good work. You'll be there in no time.

To everyone else wanting to swoop, get off of your arses and out to your local swoop comps regardless if you're jumping a cross-braced canopy or a traditional canopy design as well as whether or not you're jumping an RDS or and a traditional slider+dbag+pc setup. The biggest factor in performing during a swoop comp still lies in the pilot hands and not the gear they use.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

nice dude, sounds like there will be some competition from this region. glad to see people are coming out and playing.

good job katie, that's kick ass. it's people like you and Dee, and brad harris, that keep us all on our toes.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

Katie Drennan (yes I realize I'm biased ) for laying down a 3.83 second speed run through the 180 foot carving course in 10-15 mph cross/headwind conditions.

she didn't happen to be wearing that shirt did she? you know the one.. "does this canopy make my ass look fast!".

nice job katie.;)

Thanks everyone! You are all so cool and have been very supportive. Especially my wonderful hubby/teacher. He got some wonderful compliments on how far I've come and I know he is proud.

I don't have any shirts commenting about my ass. I already know this canopy makes my ass look fast!!! Besides, that would just open up commentary on my badunkadunk....don't need any of that! :o