Brains

TX CPC2 pics.

Here are a few of the 250+ pics i took at the meet. It was fun to finally have one over water. It did prove challenging in the shifting winds.:D Nobody got hurt too bad, only a few bumps and bruises. At least three people were competing in their first ever swooping competition and two of them placed in the top three. The person who finished dead ass last at meet #1, one this meet handily. Congrats to all competitors and i wish i was there swooping with you.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

After the comp was over for one competitor, he decided to give us all a freestyle demonstration. It didn't go exactly as planned, well except for me, i did get pics of it.B|:D:D:D

It didn't go exactly as planned

Everything was good until it went bad.:D

Oh well, talk about a fun meet and a good learning meet with the winds going from nothing, to downwind, to crosswind and back to downwind. We would take off and the course would be a downwind, then it would be a crosswind on landing or there would be no wind.

Jason showed what he's actually able to do, he didn't vert any of the rounds and obviously came in first place. The competition is close enough in TX that it comes down to who has a good day. Its great that this year there's no one obvious canopy pilot that will run away with the year end standing, it will be meet by meet for standings.:)
Not only that but we had 3 new competitors competiting in their first comp at this meet. Two of them did spectacular and came away with 2nd and 3rd place. The third did well and placed 4th or 5th (I can't remember). Eitherway everyone was pumped up and ready to go for the next meet.

This much fun should be illegal...infact I think it is in some states.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Was that Daniel's VX catching a wind blade?

Yes.

They're not yet. Todd said he'd get them posted here and on Aggieland's forums sometime this week.

Jason Lemley placed first, Cory (from Spaceland) placed Second and Jason Sharf placed third.

Yes.

They're not yet. Todd said he'd get them posted here and on Aggieland's forums sometime this week.

Jason Lemley placed first, Cory (from Spaceland) placed Second with a disqualified jump for landing out of order and Jason Sharf placed third.

Jason Lemley placed first, Cory (from Spaceland) placed Second with a disqualified jump for landing out of order and Jason Sharf placed third

Yup! Cory did really well and that was the only jump that he had a no score on. Todd, Brian and myself kept getting verticals, trying too hard to put out a really hard/fast swoop for the course that we were running. Jason, Cory and Jason flew well and consistant. That's what will win swoop comps in the Texas CPC.:)
The next one is at Spaceland. Are you going to play?

Was that Daniel's VX catching a wind blade?:o
Where are the results posted?

Yep, but the blade didn't deform his canopy like that, his hip check of the water did. He pulled it out somehow and landed sliding on his ass. He did better at that than i did obviously.:D Daniel had a bad day and it got into his head. We all know what he is capable of.

Heh, I also received a "No Score" for one of the zone accuacy runs :S for blowing out the end of the course :ph34r:. I never got wet, but the landing on that "no score" round more than made up for it... those in attendance are probably still lauging about it (I know I am :P).

What are you jumping? Looks like a Demon, but with the Atair Diamonds...

Canuck

I jump an Onyx 75 for fun but I load it too high to do any good at a comp, the canopy I'm flying in the pic is some canopy that Atair gave me. I like how it flys.

It's not a comp cobalt, neither is it an Onyx.
Performance variable had some canopys made at the Atair company in Slovenia, but the designs of the Deamon canopy has nothing to do with Cobalts or Onyx canopys.

Hey my first post on the swoop forum.:$

Edo

Then it must be a cobalt competition.
I thought the designer from that canopy and the Demon from performance variable are one and the same.
Do you know what size it had and with what wingload you were jumping it?

It is NOT a comp cobalt, look at the nose, it only has the formed nose in the center. It also has closed cells on the end like a demon. Basically, he is an Atair pilot, they sent him something to try out, and he likes it. You probably won't ever see another one. I believe he said it was a 100;)

Looks like a Demon...

Sized like a Demon...

I'm going to go ahead and call it a Demon.

So, I will likely see one again, because there are a couple people that jump them at my DZ, just with the horns on the bottom rather than diamonds.

Canuck

Sorry for the dealy and this is from memory and not completely official. I haven't been feeling very well this week.

1. Jason Lemley
2. Corey K
3. Jason "Shaggy" Scharf
4. Kat
7. Bryan Moffett
8.Todd Spillers
9. Aggie Dave

5 and 6 are Dave Smithers and Daniel Carrol, but I can't remember for sure the order. All my stuff was unloaded at the DZ. I hope to make it out there at some point today and give official info.

Todd

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.

looks way cool.. I think I might even make it out to spaceland for the next meet.. if not to jump at least to hang out and see everyone again.. I did a hop and pop on tuesday and had a great swoop under a xaos 98... fun stuff.. but I did sell my rig :) :o:D

hey...moffet! can I use your deamon 100??? :D J/K

glad to see the meet went well in waller.. take it easy!

-yoshi