skydiveelis

20" or 21" in a katana

I say 18" because your arms are really short. NO? well, how was I supposed to know?
The truth is it depends on who you are and what you want.
Do you want more responsiveness, an easier reach for the slide, a longer dive? Are you concerned about snagging the reserve tray causing line twists?
In reality the difference between 20" and 21" will be undetectable but riser length does have an impact on overall system performance. The difference between 20" and 24" usually can be noticed.
Give us some more detail.

Hey Elis,
How's it going man? We haven't seen you in for-frikin'-ever man. Come down to CSS sometime... and drag D2 along with you.
Ohh, and I use 20'' risers on my Katana, but I don't think that you'll feel an enormous difference between the two.

Seeya,
Eric
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

I guess I looking up the most conservative way to fly this canopy and I have a 20" and a 21"

20 or 21" risers won't make this a conservative canopy. The difference will be negligible. Personally I prefer longer risers though.
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

I guess I looking up the most conservative way to fly this canopy

Just wondering if the katana is a canopy designed to be flown conservatively? I myself am just getting into swooping so I am not an expert on any of this, but I see a lot of guys that have been in the sport for a few years and have katana's, who have no business on them. IMO I think too many people are buying these canopys just for the name without the skill to properly fly them. Does anyone agree?

I just got my KA107 with HMA lines and I’m really happy with it. I have a feeling that PD kept working on this canopy after it was released couple years ago. Now it has great soft on heading openings, good glide, light riser pressure, long dive and super strong flare. I think this canopy can be flown aggressively or conservatively equally well. Oh, did I mention the openings?:)

The canopy is the same - no changes there, but the lines/trim do make a world of difference!! :)
My 107 is about a year old, and very much enjoying it's new linest too. Openings went from good to really amazing and thanks to my buddy Isaiah (who is allergic to freefall) I find myself wanting to pull high so that I can have fun flying my canopy!!

Bloooos,
Kolla
Blue Skies Magazine

thanks to my buddy Isaiah (who is allergic to freefall) I find myself wanting to pull high so that I can have fun flying my canopy

Freefall is wasted canopy time :D

I always freefall... for about 5 seconds, right before the pilot chute comes out.

Isaiah

maximum delay 7, it gives you enough speed, but not to fast either.
I ain't arguing brother I love HAHOs, they are the best

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito