Dannost

Stunts? Container?

You're probably thinking abou the "Eclipse" container made by "Stunts something-or-other." You can find info in the gear section I believe. I know a guy that has one. I have not given it a really close inspection, but it looks like a nice enough rig. Oh yeah, they also make tandem rigs, which are really nice. Look just like a sport rig all packerd up, not like a Strong or an old style Vector.

Canuck

Shooby Knutsen started Stunts Manufacturing near Monterey, California in the late 1990s.
Shooby has been involved in designing and manufacturing skydiving gear for more than 20 years. During the early 1980s, e designed the Warp III harness/container, Phantom reserve and National PEP.
Stunts manufactured 4 lines of Eclipse harness/containers: experienced, student, tandem and PEP. The experienced, student, and tandem rigs were pretty much Vector II clones with only minor improvements over Vectors.
Stunts only made a handful of PEP, all containing Precision P-124A square canopies.
After Shooby p---d off all his employees in 1999, the company folded.
Bill Dause bought the patterns and TSO off Stunts, with the primary goal of manufacturing tandems. However, the last time I spoke with Bill, he had given up on re-opening the Eclipse Tandem production line, figuring that he could not compete with Sigmas.
Shooby recently opened a small production line to build replacement handles, d-bags, etc.
There is one Service Bulletin on Eclipse harnesses. Some of the backstraps were mis-routed during manufacture. The mis-routed shoulder joints are half as strong as everyone else's harnesses. Ask your local Master Rigger to inspect the harness and if necessary, dismantle the shoulder joint and re-sew it correctly. Paperwork is available from Bill Dause or prominent California Master Riggers.
Incidentally, the Service Bulletin was imposed by the Perris-based Riggers' Interest Group.

My first rig was an Eclipse made by Stunts. Bought it used w/about 200 jumps on it. Since it wasn't made for me, it wasn't an absolute perfect fit, but I really liked it. Sturdy, reliable, good pin protection and I liked it's look. It was non-articulated and I had a pretty huge canopy in it, but it was comfy enough. I'm sure that It'd be more than satisfactory. Also there aren't a whole lot of them around my neck of the woods which is La./Tx., and I kinda liked having a rig that you didn't see too often.

I have owned two stunts/eclipse rigs at the same time. I currently own one. They are very functional and not bad looking. I have been told that one of the best qualities of these rigs is their comfort. One of the USPA course directors Rick Horn jumps an Eclipse. He swears it's the most comfortable rig he's jumped. I agree with him.

I also want to make a note that Bill Dause DZO of Lodi owns Stunts / Eclipse in partnership with Jess Rodriguez DZO of Skydive Monterey Bay.

B|Good rig overall. I'd buy it if the price is right.

I also want to make a note that Bill Dause DZO of Lodi owns Stunts / Eclipse in partnership with Jess Rodriguez DZO of Skydive Monterey Bay.

B|Good rig overall. I'd buy it if the price is right.

Yo Sebazz1... Jess and Bill own it but are they DOING any thing with it? Last I heard it's still moth balled.

C-ya
PS: I still have one and its very comfortable.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Yeah I don't think they are building any more sport rigs. They will work on already existing rigs I think. Just call. I believe they still make their tandem rigs to order. Those tandem rigs are nice to jump too. Except for those damn riser covers.

So yeah ~ Not much goin on...:P