tspillers

TX CPC Meet #1 Results

Meet #1 was awesome. The DZ did a great job preparing for the event. There were 8 competitors and around 70 spectators. The practice day was hindered by winds but late in the day the winds calmed down and TJ Landgren was on hand to critique landings. Competition load #1 was off the ground at 9:50 am and all most jumps were completed by 3pm. There was one malfunction on the last round so 1 jumper had a rejump and was completed around 3:15pm.

All competetitors were more controlled this year and this looks to be an interesting and competitve season. A few people were hindered by verticles or the results would have been very different.

Distance
Place Name Points
1 Dave Lund 177.89
2 Kat Autry 120.88
3 Daniel Carroll 100
4 Chris Day 88.97
5 Bryan Moffett 92.64
6 Todd Spillers 88.27
7 Jason Lemley 84.04
8 Wingnut 64.22

Zone Accuracy
1 Todd Spillers 163.10
2 Dave Lund 100
3 Bryan Moffett 53.57
4 All others tied 0

Speed
1 Bryan Moffett 159.96
2 Kat Autry 143.19
3 Dave Lund 130.27
4 Todd Spillers 100
5 Wignut 98.99
6 Chris Day 54.37
7 last 2 tied 0

Overall
1 Dave Lund 408.17
2 Todd Spillers 351.37
3 Bryan Moffett 306.17
4 Kat Autry 264.07
5 Wingnut 163.21
6 Chris Day 143.34
7 Daniel Carroll 100
8 Jason Lemley 84.04

Thanks to all the competitors, judges, course personnel, and DZ Staff

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.

Kat. Nice job.

get that zone acc up there.:)

Kat was killin it.B| I will have pics up when i get back from the Dr. I gotta find out when i can jump again first.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Ok, now some pics of TJ. B| Tj was great to have at the comp. He would swoop through pulling a switchblade and pumping his fist and yelling at the spectators. They freakin loved it. He did some freestyle moves for them after the comp rounds and they couldn't get enough. He was also yelling encouragements to the competitors and cheering them on the whole time. I was just amazed at watching how smooth he was through a course.

After some scoring rule clarifications there is one update to overall standings

Bryan Moffett 2nd place
Todd Spillers 3rd place

All other places remained the same. Some points did change and will be noted in the next day or 2.

He wasn't a real competitor.... He was one of them thare visiting competitors...B|

He is the one pictured in the local paper though. He should buy beer. I would bet money that is the first time he has been in the Bryan, TX Eagle.

Todd

Todd looks like he's pregnant. :D:ph34r:

Because of the new weight restrictions, Tspillers could not add lead this year. He went on a strict cheeseburger and beer diet to try to get up to competition weight. It looks like he made it.:D

Meet #1 was great! Thanks to Todd and all the staff, help. The meet was smooth and ran awesome.

I was really impress with everyone improvements and flying at this past meet. We should have a great season.

Had a great time, glad I went. Now I need to work on getting those gates better.

Thanks Brains for the pictures, looks great.

Kat

He should buy beer. I would bet money that is the first time he has been in the Bryan, TX Eagle.

yup, that was a first for me, heck i had three firsts that weekend at your dz. a great time i learned so much about swooping in a short time. can't wait untill the next one. wish i could stay in texas the whole season... see ya guys in may.. i'll bring beer!!! is shiner okay?

glad to see the first meet went well. I wish that I was in to it enough to compete this year, but maybe I will be next year. I have been so down in skydiving that I have even contemplated getting out of the sport... I unpacked my stuff (from moving) and I found some certificates and medals from last year and I was able to reminise in a peaceful manner about how I used to fly.....hope to be back in the air again soon!

be safe this season and good luck to all of the compeditors!

-yoshi