natef

180+270

Are you talking about doing them in the same direction or different directions.

The former is a 450, and the latter while showey is not that efficient.

I don't think you'll get any more "dive" you may pick up more speed.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Do you initiate from brake? Do you use harness input? I've only done a few on a Saber 2 but I remember the dive being pretty steep. Have you checked to see if you're getting brake input in your turn?
Life is ez
On the dz
Every jumper's dream
3 rigs and an airstream

Get coaching...
Your profile says you jump at ASC so speak with David Ludvig or V. They're both excellent pilots and I'm sure neither would mind watching some of your landings to help you out. But seek out qualified, structured coaching, it'll make a huge difference.

what up nate,

your right, your not getting much dive out of that canopy, I have watched your landings.

although some are a little on the low side, I'm afraid your building a habbit of it. not because it is you, but just because your having a hard time keeping it diving...

If you want to know more, come see me.;)

Nate,

What kind of turns are you doing right now? And at what altitude are you initiating them?

I fly a Sabre2 135 as well, loaded a bit higher (1.7:1 or so, maybe a bit higher) and the canopy dives pretty good, and pretty long..
How long are your average swoops that you are getting out of it?

I mainly do 90s and the occasional 180 and that gets me across our 180ft pond easily with lots of speed left..

As said above, ask for some coaches to watch you and your approaches and give you pointers..

Iwan

7-8 seconds

Sounds about right but as previously stated, go and get some good coaching. Shimell has offered his time and knowledge to you, I would take him up on it. I received some coaching from him back in January and it was extremely helpful. Even if he can't swoop himself :P he definitely has some good stuff to teach you. Sorry Mark, couldn't resist the opportunity. How's things in GA? You gonna make CO this year at all?

"and if you don't like it then 'Hey Fuck You'"
--The Beastie Boys--

Im doing a 270 now at about 500-600 ft. and I end up high. I keep hearing 'slow down the turn' but that seems to give even less dive, and I am initiating from brakes.

nate, your brakes are to tight, your outer lines are out of trim, your risers are too short and your chest strap is too short.

come see me, and I will show you what to do.;)

Im doing a 270 now at about 500-600 ft. and I end up high. I keep hearing 'slow down the turn' but that seems to give even less dive, and I am initiating from brakes.

nate, your brakes are to tight, your outer lines are out of trim, your risers are too short and your chest strap is too short.

come see me, and I will show you what to do.;)

and he probably needs to add a little bit more harness to his turn too :-P made a world of difference for me well that and the 24 inch risers...

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.