Dr.Freedom

Safe Root?

I'm with you here Ian. Just because I managed to survive downsizing from a Sabre2 170 to a Crossfire2 139 (as AJ is talking of doing) doesn't mean I was right. It wasn't until I received some bad ass canopy coaching from Jim (that Jason every so correctly has told people time and time again to do) where Jim showed me how to find the performance envelop of the canopy and pushed my setup up 200 feet from what I thought it was, that I stopped living in the corner. I don't think I was dangerously in the corner on all of my jumps. But now that I know better, I can recognize that I was in the corner on many of those jumps.

Isn't it funny that the more we learn in the sport, the more we realize that we didn't know shit back when we first started. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

IMO Intermediate canopies (loaded light to moderate):
Sabre2
Pilot
Saphire2 (? never jumped one)
Lotus (? never jumped one)

I'm not sure if Pilot is a base for learning swooping. I jump mine WL 1.3+. Front risers are really heavy. I was told it has a quite flat trim, flatter than Sabre2. Is it that flater trim lower hook?

just because we're from BC doesn't mean ... what was i talking about??

Why do you think I moved here? Now what's this thread all about again and who stole my bowl? That's bowl of chilli since it's been a tad on the chilly side as of late.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over