Jskydiver22

Holding your toggels

Something that crossed my mind once while checking my altitude after a high hop-n-pop was how secure my toggle hold is. I use all my fingers to hold the toggles (I strongly recommend that you never use the 2 or 3 finger method) But, even with all 5 fingers holding the toggle, there is still a huge empty space in there.

My question is; is there any way to hold the toggle to where it is secure all the time? Does anyone know of any toggle modifications that a manufacturer has done with canopy swooping in mind?

The only thing I could think of (now bear with me and use your imagination) is to run your hands from the outside of each riser through the toggles, then roate each hand about 90 degrese back to the outside, then unstow your toggles. Im not sure if this would just put a twist in the toggle, or actually secure it a little more.

Any thoughts?

--I don't even know enough to know that I dont know--

You want to beable to ditch your toggles...for instance what if you get in a wrap at 1000' due to some jumper with their head planted firmly in the south end?

I put my toggles all the way past my fingers, on my palms, then close my pinky and ring fingers, I use my index and middle fingers for the risers (front) and just my thumb for the rears.

That's what works for me, YMMV.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

using a few fingers through your toggle is a good way to lose it.

That's not what I was saying I do. The toggles are on my hands, all the way past my fingers to my palm. I close my pinky and ring finger like a fist to help lock them in place.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."