sgt_ludy

hooking it in...

yeah, yeah, may the force be with you or whatever...
i already said that i appreciated your comments and i answered your questions the best i could, like anyone else´s. your inability to respond without provoking bad feelings is somehow ... disturbing for me.

i got hurt badly doing my "rambo"-jumps (which, in fact, are not more "rambo" than yours in the civilian branch... just another discipline. that´s how i see it), i progressed and i have a certain level now. that´s the way í´m going for swooping now. where´s the problem? i pulled too low, i ate dirt. hey, at least now i know what TOO low means. i don´t just have an idea, i KNOW it.

if you feel personally attecked by whatever i wrote ( and i think you do, just read your answer...), maybe you should ask yourself why.

whatever, have a good time jumping on weekends, paying lots of money. i´ll think of you, as soon as i´ll start "working" again, getting paid for my jumps...no matter how crappy i land

I dont care about the attacks. Im only on this forum to deal with your post. To which i asked stuff and you answered (then questioned my profile ...like it has anything to do with you or anyone else). No worries. I was just trying to understand why you did what you did...coz you just proved what we all should at least know before we start swooping.

Next time you are in the position to do so..dont wear a flak jacket into conflict. When asked why you are doing so...give the "i just knew nature would be there sooner or later to tell me im not good enough (to take a bullet and not get damaged). I like it that way" speel.

Man ..each to their own. May the forces be with us both.

Like i said...its only winter you are missing. Long may you last.

Ariba

Not wishing to high jack this thread but WTF.... have i missed something here:o

erm Rain-man just being curious, what was you canopy progression? PM me if you dont want to post it, and im not going to lecture you..

Also with each canopy progression, how many jumps did you spend doing, 90s then 180s and then 270s and at what point did you begin to use rears?? how did you find the swoops and all your previous canopys, and how did you find the transition from square - semi eliptical - eliptical - cross braced??

Also do you own your own DZ, as i dont know to many DZO that would let you jump a VX at 2.4 with couple of hundred jumps....
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

It's been debated here, though not completely.

edit 'coz I misrepresented the thread.

Dave,

The questions I asked were not answered in that thread.

So my post stands… as I am actually interested in what rain-man has to say….

edit' coz Dave edited his post whilst I was replying forcing me to edit my post to reply to his now edited post..
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

I dont care. Ive said what ive got to say. You dont have to listen to me.

Oh, pheww....... that's a load off.

For a minute there, I thought I was going to have to put on 50lbs of lead to get to your wingload.

Anyone tell you that you are a walking statistic? (retorical):S

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Apologies for going of topic, and not knocking Rain-man for his choices.

I don't consider my canopy progression to have been overly aggressive, but I have always been ambitious and pushed my limits whilst trying to keep a safety margin. We are talking Sabre2 at 1.3 at 250 jumps, Katana at 1.6 at 500 jumps, and recently Velo at 1.9 at 900 jumps. With these choices some have supported me, and I have received some heat.

You could be potentially the worlds greatest canopy pilot, and I don't want to bring that into question. The thing that amazes me is that any CCI in England or anywhere else for that matter would let somebody with 200 jumps on a VX at 2.45. My reason for saying this has nothing to do with your ability (I don't know you and haven't seen you fly it), but if you were to seriously injure or kill yourself there would be an inquiry and I don't think the BPA would look favourably on the CCI who let you jump it.
To back this up I dislocated a shoulder on opening on the Katana at 600 jumps, and the BPA response to the incident report highlighted my 1.6 wing loading as very ambitious.
Would be very interested to hear more about your progression, and the reaction of peers, instructors, CCI's.
Welcome to PM me if you would prefer.

For a minute there, I thought I was going to have to put on 50lbs of lead to get to your wingload.

peeps in the uk dont know how to fly canopies, his profile is there just so he can spark debate.:P

Does anyone here besides rain man know rain man? If someone really is loading at 2.4 at 200 some odd jumps you would think many people in the area would know about it. Next week he'll probably be jumping a 39 all though that is still probably to much fabric for him. If this is a true story I'll keep my eye on the incidents forum for you.
James

peeps in the uk dont know how to fly canopies, his profile is there just so he can spark debate.:P

I think you are correct sir! :)

It appears that he is just a wanker with an ego the size of Texas and an "assholish" (is that a word?) sense of humor.

How dare you people question his profile!

edited to indicate possible personal bias
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

He is just a wanker with an ego the size of Texas and an "assholish"

And your momma sucks cocks in hell.

Whats with all the name calling? You think you are funny? All i ever do really is offer sound advice..sometimes strongly worded..but i dont talk crap on the forums..when the discussions are serious. Prove me wrong. I bet you cant reasonably...and most of the time its to people who know or should know better.

All i do is state my opinion. Aint nobody gotta open their goddam mouths and lynch me. If you dont like my profile...well..then piss on it.

In fact Marks is right. I dont exist. Im not human. Im a situation..like a tsunami (ok now thats crap) but your post deserves less. I know nothing about anything skydiving related. Im just a 5 year old kid with too much time on their hands. People in UK dont know how to fly canopies. They are all wankers.

In fact im still smarting at why iv just been called a wanker. Ay caramba. I was tempted to say something positive to you..but ...id rather catch ebola and die...in Kinshasa.

If i was you i would issuing some head butts and beatings right about now.

I think your personal space has been breached by some witch-hunters.

Guys im not patrolling this forum to witness KKK style tactics.

Iv read his posts ... they are all educative and progressive...well in a way...definitely more so than any of you are showing.

Dude..or dudette..whatever.

Good looking out. What i am saying is leave my profile be. Its funny how people behave sometimes.

Take care. its wild out there.

PM sent

Its dude. No worries. Your knowledge on canopy control seemed fairly )ok very) solid and you at least spoke your mind out (in an educative manner like i said before).

Thanks for the PM. Your progression under canopy make for interesting reading...but i mean that in no particular way :P and its the last i ever discuss it.

You still crack me up though.

A wanker is a wanker :P

But rain man is a bit strange. Does he really exist? In England I thought such people were exterminated at birth. Or at least before they boarded the plane.

Hey Rain Man, how come when I said on these forums I jumped a Springo 160 at 1.03 : 1 with 50 jumps I got all sorts of agro, then you can jump a VX 89 at 2.4 and everythings OK?

Dunno, I find it hard to believe, really 2.4 : 1 :o

Rain man PM me to say it's true !
I can' t believe it [:/]

Edited to add : because I always have to edit. But at less than 300 jumps :|
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

In fact Marks is right. I dont exist. Im not human. Im a situation..like a tsunami (ok now thats crap) but your post deserves less. I know nothing about anything skydiving related. Im just a 5 year old kid with too much time on their hands.

i didnt say all that either.:S

People in UK dont know how to fly canopies.

now, you got me here. i did say that.:D

They are all wankers.

hmm, didnt say that. lol:|

im a limey also, so chill on me. im making jokes!:ph34r: