swoopster33

CPC Championships and Go Fast Challenge Updates

All updates to this comp will be posted here.

Right now we have 30 CPC competitors registered. The Competitor briefing is scheduled for 3:00 pm today at the pond. We only got in two practice rounds today due to high winds. Hopefully things will calm down before we go. Distance starts today at 4:00 if weather allows.

The Pro's are starting to show up, everyone just wants to get going!

Jason T

We got several practice loads up today, but the start of the CPC Championships were canceled due to cool temps, winds and light rain. Hopefully Mother Nature will be a tad nicer to us tomorrow. Nevertheless, it has been tons of fun so far. Tomorrow looks to be a little cool, but the WX forecast is looking good for the remainder of the week and weekend.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I had my video camera at the DZ today and decided to put together a little video of some practice runs... With the touch of music and a splash of water, all puns intended, it is actually fun to watch... Distance seems to be the theme of these, can't wait until I get more video of freestyle, etc. Anyone want to firewire me tomorrow's footage since I can't be there???

I uploaded it to skydivingmovies.com, but I also have it on my website too as it may take a couple days to get approved there:

www.indigox.com/Gofast CPC 2005-09-13 Practice Runs.wmv

Note - the file is 32MB as the water and fabric looked like crap at higher compression...

It has been a long day, but we are done. Awards just handed out, Brian Mckenney (sp) won. Full standing and awards will be released tomorrow.

The CPC stuff is still done, but there is all the rest of the events still on schedule, right?:P

CPC Overall 1st Brian McNenney
2nd Stuart Schoenfeld
3rd Chuck Owen

CPC Accuracy 1st Jim Vance
2nd Bryan McNenney
3rd Stuart Schoenfeld

CPC Distance 1st Bryan McNenney
2nd Mark Shimell
3rd Ray Dutch

CPC Speed 1st Nick Batsch
2nd Bryan McNenney
3rd Stuart Schoenfeld

Way to go Nick...I knew my Illinois district boys would kick some ass!!!