listo

Poll: Total jump numbers and the type of canopy you fly

Hornet 150 loaded at around 1.1. Mostly learning right now how to fly it slow, brake turn approaches so I can sink it in whereever I want. Also experimenting a lot with shifting my weight in the harness to move the canopy where I want it to go without altering the canopy's planeform(use it a lot to fine tune landings, I'm sure I look absurd when I do it).

Above 1k I'm doing riser turns and enjoy speeding it up, down low I'm sticking to learning how to go slow. Once I know I can sink it into a back yard surrounded by power lines, then I'll move onto learning how to speed it up.

I jump lots of different canopies. I have a Velocity 103 (and a 111 for sale) which is used for swooping on the CPC. I have a Samurai 136 originally purchased as an interim Ground Launching canopy (I think it's too small for the DA here in CO). Plus I have a Spectre 150 which is used for wingsuit jumps. Oh and I also fly a FLiK 293 and a Rock Dragon 303 BASE canopies.

So if I ever find myself uncurrent on my Velocity, I can always upsize. :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

1500+ jumps, curerntly fly crossfire 2 111 sq/ft

2 pretty bad crashes under my crossfire(s) but no broken bones (tappity tap tap on wood)

I have also flown a xaos, vx, fx, and velo, but dont own one, so dont jump them too often.

-yoshi

uhmmmm, I guess I need to update my vote....

I can't vote again so I am posting

jump cross brace
injured twice
over 1000 jumps and injured while performing HP landing under cross brace

details in the incident thread "st. george injury"

Sam
Live today as tomorrow may not come

1600 + jumps. currently flying a 104 & 120 Xaos, 270 to 360 front riser turn depending on canopy and altitude, exit weight 250 lbs. Never been injured, But have seen a lot of friends that have, Speaking from experience, It's not hard to get killed under highly loaded canopy's, you have to always watch what others are doing and always be ready for the unexpected, and must have a plan B and C if needed.
NEVER THINK THAT YOU HAVE TO DO A HIGH PERFORMANCE LANDING, Every jump is different and you must evaluate what your going to do on every jump.
Still here after all these years

Clayton

Total Jumps = approx. 4000

2500+ PD Stilleto
700+ Precision Xaos-21 108
300+ PD Velocity 103 (current canopy)

Wind Loading (PD Velo103): 2:1
Approaches: 270-360 degrees

**Constantly educate yourself on the characteristics of your own canopy. I try to make it a point to learn as much as I can from others who are top flyers and observing as much video as possible (of others, as well as myself). Stay humble and don't mistake your own confidence for arrogance. We all want to continue to be healthy and stay in this sport for as long as possible.
Jason Jerusalem
[email protected]

Total 277

285 Skymaster - 170 Hornet = 49 jumps all loaded under 1.0:1
50 - 277 = 150 Hurricane loaded at 1.1:1

Very happy with my 150 planning on doing another 100 to 150 on it. I am still learning new things under my canopy.

Jump number i think are not relevant, currency is the key.
Do what every arsehole who knows everything about canopy flight does this time of year , pull those toggles like the church bells and and closer to the floor the better the thrill!

What i'm referring to is his profile is not filled out . It says he has 2500 jumps in 5 yrs. But the numbers he gave on all of his canopy experience didn't add up to the huge number of jumps he had in 5 yrs. He had less than 1000 according to his real numbers.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Point is, people have a tendency to say they have more experience than they actually do. Which leaves us to not answer questions from them.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I disagree, experience is the key (certainly with swooping) and that comes with jumps and time in the sport.

Ok maybe i should have said, Jump number are not relevant if the do not relate to the discipline you are conducting.

An totally agree with you on the experience and this is done through in my eyes by repeatedly training high as well as been associated to your jump number and the frequency of them. Along with training where available.
Do what every arsehole who knows everything about canopy flight does this time of year , pull those toggles like the church bells and and closer to the floor the better the thrill!

I injured myself on a maveric 200 when i had just less than 500 jumps.

i couldn't include that beacuse to poll only included injuries on high performance canopies.

I was strongly encouraged to move to a more high performance canopy after my injury and i would have more to work on.

They were right, I moved to a heatwave120 and have never injured myself since on vrious high performance cross braced and non cross braced canopies. I was concentrating on high performance landings ever since.

I was just bored on the maveric, and made a stupid mistake!

This poll is stupid, it should be based on jump numbers and downsize progression.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Now that makes sense. :) I can't remember all the numbers off hand of my canopy experience. But since i went cross braced Swoops are much sweeter and more controlled "IMO" rather than being in the corner like with my elliptical canopies. I had 2 separate injuries under elliptical canopies. None with the xaos 98's i currently jump wing loading of 2.68 to be precise. And around 800 jumps on those doing 270's mostly downwind.