Levin

Texas CPC meet #1

this sunday, may 15th, at skydive houston. final registration is sunday morning 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. there will be a practice course set up saturday (maybe friday). you must be pre-registered to use the course. you may pre-register anytime prior to the deadline. remember you must compete in 4/5 meets to be eligible to qualify for the CPC National Championships. please let me know if you are planning to attend.

I will be there to watch.[:/] I haven't jumped in two months but i probably will jump while i am there. However, there is no way i would attempt to fly the course as uncurrent as i am.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

there is no way i would attempt to fly the course as uncurrent as i am

right on. good that you're still coming out. you can still learn alot from just watching. i may could use some help with the judging if you are interested in that. cya sunday.

Hey i was planning on taking a lot of pics and stuff anyway, if you need help with anything else i will find you when i get there and you can fill me in. I won't get there till Sunday morning, we are driving in from Austin.

I'll be there competing, but me kicking your butt? Hahahahaha! Ok, sure. I'm going to learn, if I do well, I'll do well. My first goal is to be safe, followed very closely by learning. Being "highly competitive" is a FAR distant last place.

Oh, there's been a change in the meet, but I was waiting for Levin to post about it...from what I've heard its not at Waller anymore.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

i was originally expecting 12 - 14 but then skydive houston lost 6 of their 8 swoopers. 1 sprained his wrist, 1 moved, 1 is absent, 1 quit and 2 got kicked off the dz (nothing safety related). I'm now expecting 6 - 8.

Crazy thing happened yesterday. I got an email from the DZM that said, "For a lack of participants and organization I think its best for us to
cancel the meeting". I went out to the DZ to talk about it and found the topic not open for discussion. "Read my lips, we are not having the meeting". After much arguing I got the following reasons out of him. 1. he is getting nothing out of it. 2. "it's not worth it for only a few people". 3. he's not interested in doing anything that is primarily for visiting jumpers. And he certainly did not like my response to this as I now can add my name to a ever growing list of people that have been kicked off the dropzone.

I feel pretty sure it will hail in hell before skydive houston gets another one of these swoop meets. As for this sunday if 4 people can compete we are instead going to have this meet at skydive aggieland. if 4 can't compete then this sunday's meet will be re-scheduled to one of the alternate weekends. if the meet is held this sunday at aggieland everything will be bumped back one hour to give anyone showing up at sdh time to get to aggieland. remember that your final place standings at the end of the season are determined by the lowest cumulative total of your place standings from 4/5 meets. meaning participating in this meet could give you an advantage over competitors that compete only in the last 4 meets. also remember that aggieland is a ground course. I'll post as soon as I know if this sunday's meet will take place or not. very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused anybody.

Ill still make it. I guess it takes about 2 hours from houston... maybe a little less. so what time exactly is registration and the mandatory meeting? I would hate to be late:):P

I just talked to danny and we will both be able to make it. So...that should make it fly...aggie, me, danny, IMGR2.... thats 4... see ya there.
-yoshi

ps..Aggie: see I told you I would come up to aggieland sometime to visit:P

A practice course will be set up for Saturday. Registration will be 8:00 - 10:00 a.m. Meeting around 10:15 or 10:30. We'll start the comp at 11:00 a.m. This will give anyone that shows up at SDH time to get to Aggieland as well as the guys coming from Spaceland. Again, sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Cyall at Aggieland this weekend!!

It sounds like the dz's bickering here in Colorado?

Not really. The DZs in TX generally work really well together and go out of their way to help each other out when extra staff, rigs or aircraft are needed.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Levin, me and my girl will be there sunday morning. I will still help if you need it. Otherwise i will just be hanging out and taking pics of the competition. I might make a jump or two if my rigs are ready today.B| Damn, that would be nice, it has been almost three months.:D

I'm sure we can find a rig for you, although it won't be a 109...well, Todd has a Velo 111 that you could jump I guess.:D:P

LOL, i was thinking more along the lines of your 149B| I will be jumping my cobalt for a while till i get back in the groove. I think it is a much more docile canopy to fly in the interim.;) My XF2 can wait, she ain't going anywhere.B|

What an awesome time!!!! B|

I'll let the competitors share the results if they choose

Everyone seemed to have so much fun and they all showed up with a 'We're all here to have fun' attitude.... Some awesome swoops and some great laughs..definately good times!!...can't wait til round #2!

YAHOOOOOOO

what a great day. did some great swoops around great company. had way too much fun, even when swooping a vertical extention, but somehow managed to get first place!

1: Yoshi
2: Levin Jackson
3: Todd Spillers
4: Brittany Sanchez
5: Kat Autry
6: (and still on my hero list:P) Aggie Dave

sorry if I spelled any of those names wrong...

-yoshi