almacartney

Canopy Piloting World Cup

Sunset is around 5:30ish but I think things are just about done for today - can't wait to see scores B|

Confirmation - my pal broke his wrist. Collapsed his canopy to hit the zone when he came in too hot. Got himself the 100 points (good job :). SUX!

I wish there was a video cam to watch occasionally like in Rantoul......maybe next time

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Hiii!!
Please I think I am going crazy! I need to know someones results, Im here in spain suffering because I dont know anything about my boyfriend who is competing in Intermediate, the web site doesnt seem to update and I think he is doing really good, and I need to know something!!
If someone can be so kind to check the rsults of PABLO Hernandez and tell me somethig... I would really apreciate that.
If by any case you can se what Brian Vacher, Daniel Paredes,Daniel Hernan-Perez, Bruno Brokken, are doing that would be awsome. (all in open).
Thank you very much.
(Never going to stay home again...)
Lucy in the Sky
http:\\www.skydivelillo.com

Sorry sweetie.......I only got info on some of the US boys after talking with my boyfriend while he was reading the results last night, in the midst of a million other people who had obviously been drinking beer......

Not sure it is good for me to post the "unofficial" info as only I remember from a conversation but here it is anyway;) - If I'm wrong, we'll all know as soon as scores are updated:

Paul Rossouw is #1
Curt Swanson #2
Brian McNenney #5
Ian Brown #6 (broken wrist - so out)
Greg Compton #12

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Hey Lucia,

your honey is in 1st place right now after the semi-finals, with 2 final rounds to go in zone accuracy which seems is his speciality!!
Brian is in 13th waiting to go into semi-finals tomorrow and Dani 43rd, Danilo is 41st, Bruno 7th.
And I am packing for Brian after his cutaway cause he's afraid to pack himself now.

The standings for Open now are (those are the people going into semis tomorrow):
1st Jonathan Tagle (USA)
2nd Shannon Pilcher (USA)
3rd JC Colclasure (USA)
4th Drew Lepinski (Australia)
4th Jay Moledzki (Canada)
6th Francisco Neri (Venzuela)
7th John Zuliani (Canada)
7th Bruno Brokken (Belgium)
9th Ian Bobo (USA)
9th Clint Clawson (USA)
11th Jim Slaton (USA)
12th Luis Cani (Brazil)
13th Brian Vacher (UK)
14th Robbie McMillan (Australia)
15th Andy Farrington (USA)
15th Paul Rademacher (Canada)
17th Clint McBeth (Canada)
18th Fabio Brandt (Brazil)
19th Jason Eames (USA)
20th Michael Vaughan (Australia)
20th Chris Lynch (UK)
22nd Paul Gurteen (UK)

Intermediate (going onto finals)
1st Pablo Hernandez (Spain)
2nd Chris Johnston (USA)
3rd Paul Rossouw (UK)
4th Ian Brown (UK, out because of injury)
5th Brian McNenny (USA)
6th Martin Backlin (Sweden)
7th Curt Swanson (USA)
8th Gary Gregory (USA)
9th Jimmy Smith (Australia)
10th Sami Lethinen (Finland)
11th Livio Piccolo (Italy)

c you soon
Nadine

Anybody know what canopies people are flying? Is Jim Slaton under one of his JSX or JVXs? Also, last I heard, Paul Rossouw had joined Aerodyne and was jumping all Aerodyne gear. Does that mean he is sitting in 3rd place (intermediate) under a 9 cell?

And when the hell is the Lake Wales website going to be updated? I want to see the details on all my Canadian bros! Johnny Z is kickin some ass for a young dude with way less experience than probably anybody else in the open category.

Canuck

last I heard, Paul Rossouw had joined Aerodyne and was jumping all Aerodyne gear. Does that mean he is sitting in 3rd place (intermediate) under a 9 cell?

russouw is working for aerodyne now, but i'm not sure weather or not he's jumping one of there canopies.

i doubt it, i'd bet he's under his velo, but i could be wrong, i have been before ;)

later

Hey,

the sensors are only being used for the open class as they move around to much with the higher gates of the intermediates. So they're doing video control of the gates.

cya
Nadine

Ok thanx. We don't have the higher gates here, but I think you'd need really really big (read very expensive) reflectors if the gates move around. Or steadier gates :S

We usually use quality photographers tripods which are quite steady for the land sensors, and we have metal poles for in the water. But those are not high enough for those big intermediate gates. Now how do they video that then?

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Ten foot entrance gates are normally videoed about 200 feet back from the course at the focal point. Every meet I have seen them judged, the cameras were on tripods on top of either a truck or a building.

Chuck

That was the way we did a couple of competitions here, with the 5 ft gates. This proved to be very hard to judge (and it used to be my job so I should know :S). We had the video right on the sensor tripod at first when we were still testing the sensor system. This was too close if you want to see WHO's score you're reviewing. So I put up fingers or shouted the jumper's name so we'd know if a jump was to be reviewed who's who.
Then we moved the video tripod backwards. Workable, but less accurate for judging. Plus the swoopers got better (faster) so we sometimes did not have a frame in the video where the foot was lined up with the sensor!

I for one am very glad that I don't have to judge anymore like that... The sensor system is so reliable now that we can use outside video (from the entire swoop) for reviewing the gates, because you either hear the horn or you don't :)
This is just for the Dutch Swooping Tour and the Nationals though, there are other competitions held here which have different rules and may have the higher gates or 2 sets of entry gates or whatnot. But WE've never had intermediate gates, and did away with intermediate class very soon too so we only have one class. Don't know if that's good or not, since if you're jumping a "big ass Stiletto" you won't score on the accuracy rounds for instance. But that's anuther discussion!

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Paul told me when he joined Aerodyne the agreement was that since they don't make a cross-braced canopy (yet) Paul was free to continue flying/competing with his Velo. This was last month in Eloy, he was flying a Velocity then so I don't know where this talk of a Xaos has come from.

Will

Paul told me when he joined Aerodyne the agreement was that since they don't make a cross-braced canopy (yet) Paul was free to continue flying/competing with his Velo. This was last month in Eloy, he was flying a Velocity then so I don't know where this talk of a Xaos has come from.

yea at PIA he was talking about still having his velo so we could go do some team landings together since i just got mine.

who knows.

later