almacartney

Canopy Piloting World Cup

First load was to be in the air at 6:50 this morning....I believe today all competitors will complete the 2 speed rounds.

Not sure how the clouds will affect the time frame but should turn out to be a nice day. From what I also understand, it seems most results from the day won't be posted/available until late each afternoon... :)

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

First speed round went off.....two cut aways but everyone landed safely from what I know. Have no clue at this moment where actual results will be posted but if I hear anything, I'll be sure to share with everyone...even if it is just the results themselves;)

Cutaways were Brian Vacher from the UK and either a Canadian or US intermediate.

Start was delayed because of heavy fog. Both speed round were completed however.

Open
1st Jonathan Tagle
2nd Shannon Pilcher
3rd JC Colclasure

Intermediate
1st Curt Swanson
2nd Ian Brown
3rd Gary Gregory

Edit: I believe the scores will be up tonight on the DZ site.

cya
Nadine

Nadine is that you? Im Lucy from Lillo. Brian had another cutaway?? Ohh god...
How are you guys doing? It is beeing really hard to speak with these guys on the phone. If you get to see pablo give him a big kiss and tell him that he is going to do great. I saw he is in 5th position in intermediate. Ohh yeah!!
And pack for brian! He is a horrible packer.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks for the information to everybody! It is really hard to be thousands of miles away and not know anything about them.
Lucy in the Sky
http:\\www.skydivelillo.com

It's pretty amazing that it went to 25th place before the first vertical (Eames:(). Bobo verticalled as well. Tagle blistered it and stayed clean; nice. Drew Lipinski is 5th after Speed. Shannon, Jay Moledzki and JC all had sub-three-second runs in one round.

my ignorance, but what does 'verticalling' mean?
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

It's pretty amazing that it went to 25th place before the first vertical (Eames:(). Bobo verticalled as well. Tagle blistered it and stayed clean; nice. Drew Lipinski is 5th after Speed. Shannon, Jay Moledzki and JC all had sub-three-second runs in one round.

my ignorance, but what does 'verticalling' mean?

There's entry gates for the course, and for some rounds also gates set along the course. If you fly higher than those gates you get the maximum (minimum) score.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Seems the guys all made it through both distance rounds and were heading for accuracy due to supposed weather blowing in tomorrow. It is such a close race - one mistake can really set someone back......Like Ray Dutch was kicking ASS yesterday and then I think a photo finish thingy showed a vertical and he went from 1st to 25th (or something crazy like that).

Hope things wrap up well again today :)

a photo finish thingy

LOL you mean Henny's sensor system? We've been using those sensors for 1 1/2 yrs here now, they are much easier and much more accurate than humans and/or video. But I don't understand why the vertical came up later (if I understand you correctly): those sensors have horns on them so you know right away.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Someone said the second pass yesterday the sensors were not being used, for some reason.....unless I misunderstood. All I know is that a handful of peeps thought Ray Dutch for sure took it cause he blazed thru the course then the vertical [:/]......I'm still so proud of all the USA (and other) competitors - many of them I've watched all year in the FLCPA - THAT was a great learning tool - I've watched the boys grow to men - so to speak!

Just heard they are working through completing the 2 accuracy rounds now..........and it's not sounding as good as yesterday ~ for some of my pals at least [:/]. Even heard a RUMOR of one of them breaking a wrist but waiting for confirmation......

All part of learning I guess ~