teamhypoxia

Effects of altitude on swooping

i cant believe the amount of people who think that altitude doesnt effect distance. look at the freakin results!!!!!!!!! pilots who topped out at 370ft at sea level are now going 500ft at mile high. things go faster and farther in the thin air. less drag and resistance right????
------------------------------------------------
'I refuse to tiptoe quitely through life
only to arrive safely at death' Anon

A new standard in the swooping world was set today. Part of the confusion with swooping here in Colorado likely has always been that this is the first time the best in the world has come to town and we only thought of what the locals could do (there are currently no pros in Colorado). We up and coming local swoopers haven't had the best in the world to feed off of and to learn from. But I think you will see this change soon. I've always known that swooping in Colorado rocked (this is where I learned to swoop). But it's only now that the rest of the jumping world is beginning to realize this. 678 feet is awesome, but they (he) can go even farther. Shit Jay swooped with only a 5 mph downwind. Imagine what he could do with more downwind ground speed.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over