skyhighkiy

He said...

JC HIMSELF SAID I WAS FINE WITH WHAT I'M DOING ON MY REDICULOUSLY LOADED CANOPY!!!

MY LOCAL DROPZONE CANOPY SKYGOD SAID I'M DOING GREAT WITH MY SUB-50 JUMP SWOOPS!

BUT THIS GUY I TALKED TO WITH OVER 5000 JUMPS SAID MY 360'S THAT I HAVE TO STAB OUT OF ARE COMMING RIGHT ALONG!!

YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN KNOW ME!!! THIS SWOOPER AT MY DZ IS REALLY GOOD, AND HE SAID I SHOULD BE FINE ON THIS CANOPY!!

two simple little words.

.....Ego ....... Stroke .......

If you're beyond the norm, BE beyond the norm by setting your ego aside and looking at yourself. If you doubt your ability, don't let your ego fill the gap.

BE THE BUDDHA!

Agreed. No offense or anything man, but what point are you trying to prove? Ok so someone said that you might do ok.

You might do ok and not hurt yourself, but would advancing all this fast really make you a better canopy pilot in the long run? Or would taking your time on a slower more docile canopy benefit more? Just something to think about and like i said, no offense.

--I don't even know enough to know that I dont know--

HA HA!!

Yeah I remember that thread. It started dumb and only got worse once my man Bruno started talking about flying backwards and aerobatic planes and shit. Too funny!

Seriously though, didn't this kid hurt himself a while ago and have some sort of epiphany? I seem to remember some other recent thread where he changed his tune - a good thing.

Canuck

Canuck

Kid your wasting your time. Nobody here wants to read about your accomplishments take it from me you wont get reginition by beating a dead horse. wait it out till you can get on the P.S.T then show them who they called crazy. I think jump numbers don't matter but the quality of training does I also think that if someone you don't know tells you to take your time , Don't rush things , hell you got your whole life to learn oooooo ya right . Well I tell them see you at the finish line.

ooooooooooooooooooooooo that felt good

Kid your wasting your time. Nobody here wants to read about your accomplishments

I'm not so sure about that. Besides, I'm pretty sure the bold words are being paraphrased and are not sky's. It seems that he may suffer from understanding what he's writing whether we can or not.

There are plenty of people that aren't on the tour that I'd gladly listen too. There are people with way less experience than me that could easily teach me a thing or 2. You're probably one of those people.

I very much disagree with the statement that jump numbers don't matter. That's simply not true. Better training will get better results sooner but jump numbers do in fact matter.

While some people are pretty good at very few jumps, the time the numbers matter are when you're forced to use all your skill to land somewhere that you wish you weren't. It also matters when you're suddenly faced with the need to turn away quickly from an unseen obstacle... be it another canopy, unseen power lines.... etc.

There is no substitute for good training, and there is no substitute for using that training by adding more jumps to practice with. People simply do better with practice.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

It seems that he may suffer from understanding what he's writing whether we can or not.

Too funny!

That's kind of what I thought, but I couldn't figure out how to write it so that everyone else would understand.:S
-Josh
If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive. -Me*
*Ron has accused me of plagiarizing this quote. He attributes it to Douglas Adams.