Foggy

Cardiac health and getting back in the air

Not sure if this is the correct forum but could not find the old farts with heart issues oneB|
1900 or so jumps, last one 5 years ago so know I need to sit in a FJC and first jump "under supervision". Snag is I had a heart attack last July at 46yrs so wondering what that puts into the game? (Cypress on main and reserve to bring the corpse down in one piece;)). Did my cardiac rehab, lost 28lbs (now 168), my current lipid panel is excellent and working out hard 4-5 times a week.
Any thoughts?, observations?

Foggy

Congrats on your recovery!
I am preventing my first heart attack, by eating only fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans, with no added oils. It has made me much healthier, given me a lower wing loading, and improved my flying skills.
Are you on statins?

Skip the Cypres on the main, its useless since you don't have a Spring loaded PC. Other than that just get back in the air and I'll have to hunt you down to show you what one of your old students can do in the air now ;)

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Heart attack?

Is that all you got fucking pussy?!?!?!?!

Get your ass back in the air.

You got more to worry about having sex than you do skydiving.

Heart attack, he says.

What a maroon.

Serious note: Some psychological effects in doing too much too soon. Take the pressure off. Get a few solo hop N pops under your belt (especially the sunset ones) just to overcome some intrapersonal communication issues. Just my .02....

:D

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Lots of post heart attack patients get back to vigorous physical activity. But there are too many variables to even speculate here. Ask your cardiologist if he/she would clear you or if he/she wants a stress test first.
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

No one here knows how much damage was done last July. Your Cardiologist knows. Ask him.

damage to heart was minimal as I had the good sense to wait until I got in front of the triage nurse in the ER before coding. It did take them 8mins and three attempts with the paddles to get me back online. At my three month follow-up, my cardiologist stated "zero restrictions" but then added no snow shoveling... ever:S

Heart attack?

Is that all you got fucking pussy?!?!?!?!

Get your ass back in the air.

You got more to worry about having sex than you do skydiving.

Heart attack, he says.

What a maroon.

Serious note: Some psychological effects in doing too much too soon. Take the pressure off. Get a few solo hop N pops under your belt (especially the sunset ones) just to overcome some intrapersonal communication issues. Just my .02....

:D

fortunately i make my own :D so I am quite current there ;)

I would definately consult your doctor and hopefully. The adrenaline created during the anticipation of a jump and right before you pitch are very strenuous on your heart. If you were a pilot or a military parachutist, you probably wouldnt be allowed to fly or jump, respectively.

I would definately consult your doctor and hopefully. The adrenaline created during the anticipation of a jump and right before you pitch are very strenuous on your heart. If you were a pilot or a military parachutist, you probably wouldnt be allowed to fly or jump, respectively.

Things are changing considerably in this arena. The Air Force will now allow (and have been for about 15 years) pilots that have had an aortic valve replacement to again fly... as long as they remain in a cargo transport where the opportunity for high g's is much lower.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

My son-in-law is an electrophysiologist.

He has been helping a company do research on a patch that is about the size of a nicotine patch.

It will do everything that a Holter monitor does plus much more.

He's been talking to me about wearing it for a few days during a skydiving event for additional evalutaion of cardiac stress.

I told him maybe the AZ Challenge or the Nationals.

It should be interesting. The only thing is that my normal vitals are very good.

Maybe it would be more effective if someone like you wore it.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.