nicolesser

Who has a Visions canopy

I only have 11 jumps on a vision 132. It opened soft and on heading every time. It seems to have light riser pressure. It doesn't build up like some of the other canopies I have jumped.

Tom
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy sh1t...what a ride!"

Well I don´t own one yet, but i´ve ordered a Vision 132. From what i´ve seen, the Vision has higher planform than Sabre 2. (planform= measures how elliptical the canopy is).
I think its like 15 on Vision and 5,5 on Sabre 2, and 10 on Stiletto. While Crossfire2 has like 23.

Off all things to believe in - why not yourself

I've junped a demo Vision 132. It had a nice long snivel at opening. It flies great, it doesn't build up riser pressure as much as a Stiletto. It has a great flare and nice long swoops.
I think its is beter to compare it with a crossfire2, than the safire2 or sabre2. Becuase its more elliptic then the safire and sabre.
If you are looking for a canopy to replace your Spectre, try the Aerodyne Pilot. It has more performance than the Spectre.

------------------------------------------------
NIL VOLENTIBUS ARDUUM.
(nothing is difficult for those who really want it)

Well i´ve jumped a Sabre2 for like 200 jumps and tried a Pilot. From my point of view its pretty much the same. The only difference is that the Pilot opens even slower and softer than my Sabre2. And that the Pilot opens on heanding while my Sabre2 allways opens off heading.

Off all things to believe in - why not yourself

I've jumped several sizes of the Vision. I didn't like the old Visions; they didn't open well and they tended to poop out during the flare. The new retrimmed ones are considerably better. It's more aggressive than the Safire 2/Sabre 2, with a much longer recovery arc. Opening is still more Stiletto-like than Pilot-like, but I still like it.

> So you mean that the Vision 2 is more like the Crossfire 2 than the
>sabre 2 and safire 2 ?.

It's a little more aggressive than the Sabre 2. Not sure if I'd put it in the Crossfire class though.

>Safire 2 has a better opening and landings than sabre 2 ?

I think so, but then again, the early Sabre 2's had some opening problems that they have fixed.

I'm demoing the Pilot and Visions next weekend.. Both of them will be 140s loaded at just shy of 2 : 1... I'll let you guys know my thoughts after.. Currently I jump Stiletto 150s loaded at 1.8.. 540 jumps on them.
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

Put 8 jumps on a Pilot 150 yesterday.. Nice canopy.. Not as responsive as a Stiletto and a little higher front riser pressure but it made up for that in awesome openings and huge flare after long swoops.. I generally go about 70 yards in no wind on my Stilettos with a 180.. I was doing that easily on the Pilot by my third jump on it.. I look forward to jumping the 140 and the Vision 140 next weekend.. B|

PS.. This is a very easy canopy to get dialed in on.. very forgiving for young jumpers but has nice performance for experienced jumpers.
chopchop

Lotsa Pictures

Hi Chopchop
Great to hear someone who has jumped pilot and vision canopies. Im wondering if a buy one of those, also could be a Saphire 2. I`m not interested on radical canopies, like crossfires, katanas, etc..

How were your jumps on the Vision this week end ?
Could you pleae give me some advise between pilots, saphires and vision . Is the vision much more radical than saphire

thanks a lot
Orbital Flyer

Hey Nico, I haven't jumped the Vision yet. I will this coming weekend. Saturday i jumped a Pilot 150. Next weekend, I will jump a Pilot 140 and a Vision 140.. It's been a long time since I jumped a Saffire so the only thing I can compare them to would be a Stiletto. My last 500 plus jumps have been on Stiletto 150s and anything I jumped previously isn't fresh enough in my mind to use as a comparison. I really really liked the Pilot though. It was a very pleasant surprise. :)
chopchop

Lotsa Pictures

hi Chopchop

I will be watching your mail, to know about your comings jumps next week end on the pilot and vision canopies . Do you jump in San Diego ? Im Chilean, once i jumped on a drop zone near San diego , they had a Cesna 210 a think. Small and nice DZ. now a travel every year to Perris or Eloy.

see you friend
Orbital Flyer

ok.. so I got to demo the vision this weekend and a smaller Pilot.. both 140s loaded at just over 1.9:1.. I put 6 jumps on the Vision and 4 on the Pilot.. We got winded out today.. [:/] Anyway.. my observations follow..

The Pilot.. good all around canopy.. the front riser pressure is kinda high and builds fast but makes up for that with the ability to get back from a long spot, soft openings (camera fliers and AFF instructors will like those qualities) and a huge flare.. Very nice canopy.. I will be ordering a couple of them tomorrow.

The Vision is ground hungry. You release the brakes and prepare to land.. Although it could be a lot of fun, it is trimmed pretty steep and would be tough to get back from a long spot.. Also, the openings, while soft, were seldom on heading. A nice 180 degree riser turn took about 600 feet resulting in a sweet swoop but.. you have to work fast to be in the right spot at the right time..

Bottom line, I'd order one of each if I didn't want to have 2 of the same canopy. These are 2 radically different wings. To answer Nico's question, if you are not in a big hurry to get to the ground and you don't want a radical canopy, don't get a Vision. I do highly recommend a Pilot with a high wingloading.. and from what I have seen around our dz, it is a great canopy for young jumpers with a low wing loading as well... B|
chopchop

Lotsa Pictures

I see some comparisons to a Stiletto in this thread and a jumper I know who just ordered one used exactly that comparison. Is there a reason not to buy a Stiletto instead of a Vision? I've owned two Stilettos and liked them both. I had my 135 relined at PD and it came back with a much longer recovery arc, I understand that newer Stilettos also have this improvement. The recovery arc issue only affects hook turners anyway which probably isn't all potential Vision owners. Not trying to be sarcastic here, but if you want a Stiletto-like canopy why buy a Vision?
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

chopchop

from what I have seen around our dz, it is a great canopy for young jumpers with a low wing loading as well... B|

How would the Vision-132 do for a young jumper with 45 jumps that is very current and level headed, with a wing-load of 1:1.17-1.26 (depending on if weight vest is worn)? The canopy was a gift from a very respectable former AFF/I who only put about 75 jumps on it. Still crisp/like new. And I should mention, this jumper is in no way attempting swoops. Still lands with a good, pattern on a straight in landing.

I had one for about 150 jumps, and I think this is a terrible idea.

Would you be asking this about a Stiletto? Because they're pretty similar.

(Also, even not on a fully elliptical canopy which the Vision is, a wingloading of 1.2 at 50 jumps is... um... really something. Level-headed and very current is one thing, but we are talking about a total beginner here. Look after them properly!)

[edit: Apparently not all of them are like this. But my Vision was very challenging on opening, got up to all kinds of tricks and put me in real trouble a couple of times. I have not had this with any other canopy (Crossfire2s and a Katana included). I would not want to put an inexperienced person in that situation.]

[edit 2: Or, for that matter, me. I eventually swapped it for a Pilot :P]

--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?