jdfreefly

think you're an exceptional student? Read this

I really don't see what the problem is, let him/her get the rig 135 and all.>:(

Then ban his/her ass from jumping it at your DZ.>:(

Simple>:(

By the way, someone pm where this person is from, so If I see them at my DZ I can ground them.

"The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few, or the one" - rehmwa

I would love to know what DZ you made these hundreds of jumps at in the last few months. You must be the hardest jumping guy there. Anyone seen this guy put a rig on anywhere?

I don't know him but I made around 800 jumps one year only on weekends.

Yes, but you are a real jumper. :P

Are you sure? ;)[/rep

LOL ya for all you guys know I could be a P.S.T jumper don't ask a question that dosn't have a anser oooo and one question you live in Maryland
Annapolis BUT you say your hame DZ is

Skydive Cross Keys
Williamstown, NJ what new jersey you don't say must be some commute for you Mark haa probably showing up for the wendsday lit price

small world

Actually people come from all over to Crosskeys.

I used to drive up here from Richmond, VA every weekend.
Finally just moved.

Yeah, Tree's home DZ is Crosskeys - he and his lovely wife are here regularly throughout the summer. Pretty sure Tree is staff video. Right, Tree?

We love the big guy and his acerbic wit. :)

Point is: when you've been in the sport for awhile you notice patterns.

*Cute tandem passengers want to know why their instructor ignores them after the first 'date'.

*300 jump wonders want to know why suddenly all the 'skygods' want to hold them back.

Y'know - stuff that's been seen and done SO MANY times before.

Sure there are exceptions to the patterns. But everybody thinks THEY are the exception.

And the very few that really are - don't care.
They want to learn the right/safe way.

Good luck!

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

Well Acro,

We'll add geography to the list of things that you are in need of remedial education, including spelling and grammar. I work at XKeys and am there every weekend that the skies are blue. As a Pro qualified PST competitor I know for a fact you are not a P.S.T jumper, unless that is the Poor Spelling Tour.

You talk endless smack. You make up your jump numbers, you ask very stupid questions, and your attitude about learning is a joke. If you actually are a skydiver, I suggest that you find somone who would be willing to help you keep from killing or maiming yourself.

From another thread:

[darkwing] Some people have way too much confidence in themselves. Often now referred to as a "pre-femur".

jdfreefly, I think it's good you are posting this. Even if the person it's intended for doesn't want to heed the advise, maybe, hopefully maybe, someone else reading will.

I now know I did a faster-than-safe canopy-progression, actually pretty similar to what is described in the CK thread, from sabre1 150 @1.37 to stiletto 135 @1.44. At the time I had 200 jumps more than the guy on the thread in your post, still I only had 250 jumps. I never had any problems, but still would recommend against it. Downsizing AND going elliptical is more than should be handled in one step. After having taken a canopy control course @ Perris, I have chosen to keep it conservative until I get more airtime and landings on it (currently about 100). Eventually I will hopefully be fast and safe. For now I only care about being safe while improving the skills that will allow me to be faster.

And people, even if you have 1000+ jumps, if you think you might need a canopy control course, most likely you do need it, it's money VERY well spent, don't be stingy on safety! Even if you don't yet want to do hp landings, the canopy control course will cover in detail how your parachute works, something most people think they know but unfortunately don't.

--
be careful giving advise. wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it

--
Be careful giving advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it.

Think you are too good at this shit to get hurt? Think you are ready to move forward even though the majority of the people out there tell you that you are not?

Yeah SkyHigh, I'm talking to you. Make sure you read the whole thread or you will miss something.

http://www.freefalladventures.com/CrossKeys/skydiving/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=121

It is way too fucking easy to bite off more than you can chew in this sport. You think you know what you are getting yourself into, but you don't.

Will we be having an "I told you so" thread for you too?

*****I am an exceptional student! Folks have made an exception for me to be a student for 13 years, and I keep learning something new every jump. The help of others and experience is why I'm still alive and happy.
The day I stop learning maybe my last day.
-Grant