TEric

'inbetween' canopy

It does'nt even have to be a large DZ. This weekend Scott Miller is in Ohio for a few courses. Skydive Chicago has a good program there too. Perris, Deland and most DZ's in FL offer good canopy coaching.

What helps a LOT is having someone video your landings then reviewing it later with a few different coaches. That lets you view in slomo your actions and what needs to change to be better in the future.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Getting my 270 starting altitude just right seems be more like gambling than anything else.

What about accuracy? I found it to be very tricky to do a 270 approach (at 300 jumps at least) and land in a right place. Yes, I know the good altitude for a 270 on my Safire, but every time I'm doing it I'm missing the swoop lane (if there is a swoop pond, I'm missing it too :P). So I found it better to learn accuracy first. Now I'm doing my straight or 90 approaches NOT missing the right place. Don't you want to try this too?