ColdDuck

Jumpsuit colors running

Hey has anyone had a jumpsuit that had the colors bleed onto another color?
I just had this happen to my new Firefly freefly suit. The red ran and now the white is pink. I have heard there is a way to fix this problem.

If anyone knows of anything please let me know

Thanks

"Insurance should called In case shit happens, if shit don't happen shouldn't I get my money back?"

The red ran and now the white is pink. I have heard there is a way to fix this problem.

There is? I always thought that stuff was screwed once colors ran on it, atleast thats what mother always told me.

I guess you could try something like Oxy Clean on it...Bleach would get the color out of the white, but that would royally mess everything else up.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

There is some stuff in the grocery store near the rit dye in the laundry aisle that is made to fix lots of things like coffee stains, lipstick stains, ink stains and bleeding colors. It does'nt do that bad of a job.

I recently got a new top for my firefly suit and realized that the white stripes on my pants had a blue tint to them. I layed the pants out in the shower so the whit was laying on top of the white I took bleech, put some in a bowl then used a toothbrush to apply it just to the white stripe. After I did the entire stripe I tured the cold water on and let the shower wash the pants for probally 5 minutes moving the pants to wash all the bleech off. Hung the pants over night to dry, did the other side the next day. Now it looks like the pants are brand new even though they have 150+ jumps on them this summer. It was a lot of effort but now I have no excuse for not looking clean on video. ;)

In the future, use cold water only on the suit.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

ya, i had this happen to me on a pair of tony suit freefly pants. they're all blue, with black and with checker board down the sides. well now the white is like a light blue color.

i haven't heard of any way to get this out. how old is your suit???? if its pretty new, i would send it back to firefly and see what they say. if it's pretty new they should give you a new one.

later

My suit is pretty much brand new. I got it during labor day. Only put about 40 jumps on it so far. The two times I washed it I used cold water like the directions said. I tried to wash it with the Rit Dye remover but that did not help. The bleach idea sounds like it might work though

"Insurance should called In case shit happens, if shit don't happen shouldn't I get my money back?"

Another thing that's recommended is not to use detergents that have Phosphates in them. These tend to be more harsh on the colors and make them bleed more.

I got my new Tony suit a couple weeks ago and they shipped it with a few notices on how to wash it: cold water with bleach-free and phosphate-free detergent. I had a bad grass stain on my suit from a jump over the weekend. I threw it in the washer with a half-cup of Spray-n-Wash brand detergent and a capful of Downy and it came out looking great as well as feeling a little more broken in and softer cause of the fabric softener.

One thing they do mention which I did not know: " Colors may run if left to sit. DO NOT SOAK." They also recommend tumble dry on cool setting.

I like the idea of "fixing" it by tye-dying it. I would do that if my jumpsuit suddenly turned pink...LOL

And someone mentioned something about sending it back to them to get fixed...ummm...NOPE. They are not responsible for running colors. They might be able to help reverse the process but I wouldn't hold my breath if you're waiting for a new suit.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

I just got off the phone with Sherry from Firefly. She said to get a bottle of Quick n Brite and use a bruch to scrub this into any area where the colors ran. Let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then throw into the wash. I am going to give this a try, hopefully this can help some other people with the same problem.

I will try it this weekend, I'll let you all know how it turns out.