garyharbird

Removable Pilot chute and Dbag

Hey Guys
Just wanting to find out who out there has used a Removable Pilot chute and Dbag system on there high performance canopy.
I build one this past week, and made a couple test jumps on it.
I did notice that the canopy had a little more forward speed, and it also dived a little longer.
I did 2 hop and pops from 5000, and the openings were ok but a little rougher.
I was wondering who has used a Removable Pilot chute and Dbag and taken it to terminal, how where the opening?
I don't plan on using it on a daily basis because i jump camera all the time, but because my dz uses small aircraft there is normally not much canopy traffic, giving me the extra time it takes to real it in.
So let me know what you guys think about it,
Thanks
Gary Harbird

I was wondering who has used a Removable Pilot chute and Dbag and taken it to terminal, how where the opening?

Without the drag from the d-bag, and P/C the canopy was in a "cocoon" much longer than normal. Wierd.

I see the performance advantage, but not for day to day stuff....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I found the openings slightly different also, I thought that the slider stayed up a little longer, but the openings were fine. I put about 8 practice jumps on a system, then had part of it fail and completely detach during round 1 of a pst comp- lost a pilot chute and d-bag. I recommend folks carry a spare d-bag/ pc.

The best systems I've seen are the team Xaos and PD systems where the slider comes completely off.