Jumpalot

Triple Risers

I like mine. They give the canopy a different feel though. If you fine tune you're flying, you can actually create a slight slipping effect (not much) with them as well. Takes a bit of time to get used to them, but I think they improve control once you get them dialed...

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

with 120 skydives on regular risers and 1 skydive on triple risers I can safely say I hate the triple risers. Maybe they have to grow on you, but they sucked for me.

*edit - obviously take my comment for what it is, just a simple offhand comment about my very small experience with triple risers.

if you dont like them you can always just switch them out with some regular risers. :P

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

I love em, but they suck for rear riser landings. If you plan to learn rear riser landings, don't get them.

For reference I have about 4500 jumps on triples and am converting back over to standard.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I love em, but they suck for rear riser landings. If you plan to learn rear riser landings, don't get them.

For reference I have about 4500 jumps on triples and am converting back over to standard.

i loved them for a long time... then i started landing with rears... so i do not use them anymore..... it makes the transfer from rears to brakes very odd....

My last rig had triples. I put about 1000 jumps on them. Then when I got my new rig, I interviewed a lot of the factory pilots. Now I'm sold on standard risers again. I really enjoyed the triple risers for where I was at though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

i loved them for a long time... then i started landing with rears... so i do not use them anymore..... it makes the transfer from rears to brakes very odd....

Yep, I really loved my trips.....right up to the point where I started landing on my rear risers. The problems with rear risering mixed with triple riser usage are as follows:

-you have more material to grab when you transition to rears. It's entirely possible to miss your grab.

-when you transition to toggles at the end of your rear riser swoop, you have a very-large gap where you need to take up the slack in your lines by moving your hands down, back, or out. On "regular" risers, so long as you are pulling your rears outward, then that slack automatically gets taken up by the stationary guide rings on your risers. There is very little "pop" on a proper transition.

Chuck