michaelflying

heat wave 120

I used to have one. Nice canopy, VERY VERY responsive to toggle input, good openings, short recovery arc and decent surfs.

All in all a good canopy.

If you're profile is correct it's a HUGE jump from a 150. Spend some time on a Heatwave 150 first, get used to the oversteer and the flying characteristics of an elliptical. Then gradually downsize as appropriate.

Blue skies
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

I had a Heat Wave 135 and it sucked. I liked the stilleto 135 much better. I Jumped the 150 heat wave and stilleto 150, too. I just liked the stilletto better. The stilletto' opened much better. The hw 135 opened very hard every time. I tried everything to get it to open better, but it didn't.

Mine may have been a fluke. I know PISA was have trouble with them opening hard several years back. Thats when I had mine. I think the were giving out replacement sliders. I never got one, I just went to a stilletto instead. That was just my experience with heat waves. The 150 I jumped wasn't that bad, but I just liked stilletto's better.

I used to have one. Nice canopy, VERY VERY responsive to toggle input, good openings, short recovery arc and decent surfs.

i have a 135 with pretty much the same qualities except that it opens pretty hard , i am going to have a h-mod done to it this winter , that should fix the f....er !

i have had serveral heatwaves (100, 120, 135, and 150), and loved them all. i would have to say the 120 was my favorite out of all of them

great openings, nice response to toggle, and harness. doesn't dive a lot, a lot like a stilleto dive.

light riser pressure, and toggle pressure.

all around great canopy.

oh ya, and i have jumped a 90 a few times.

later