pccoder

New to HP Landings

OK, I am looking through this forum and really am just looking to learn some basics about higher performance landings. Please don't rag me for asking these questions at 39 jumps, but I would like to hear some basic explanations of flying the canopy at a higher performance level. Not necessarily swooping the ground yet, just the theory for now. That way I can spend time on many jumps just practicing these skills at a much higher altitude (like 2000-4000 ft.) I am aware that I am new and still need to have alot more experience before attempting this close to the ground (not looking to break every bone in my body), I just want to know what is the RIGHT way to do it, so a couple hundred jumps down the road when I want to start doing it closer to the landing I will know how and not hurt myself.

Thanks for any replies.

PcCoder.net

First things first: get your own gear (if you don't have one) and then get a canopy control course.

In Deland you can get the course with Scott Miller, he is a very good instructor that will teach you alot about canopy control and if am not mistaken he also gives the swoop course.

Another good thing is to do what skymonkeyONE said, search the forums.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com