freeflydrew

Post your Hot Swoop Pic(s)

I could land on rears too, but I don't see the point. Just because I can? I am being serious. Is there a reason one would land on rears to a stop?

Yes. Just because you can.

Being able to do that shows one more bit of mastery of your wing. Not saying you HAVE to do it all the time unless you want to.

Heck some people don't even like to hook turn. Wierd, huh?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I'm being serious too.. because you can, if you want the extra distance then transition. I do lots of stuff because I can so it stands to reason others do too. :)
Here's a neat trick that works well in wind. Land rear risers to a full stop then yank the rears down and the canopy falls to the ground behind you deflated.

Might not work on an airlocked canopoy.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Is there a reason one would land on rears to a stop?

A broken control line. Its nice practice for that scenerio.

I understand that. I was more curious on a "for the fun of it" level. I do believe landing on rears is a skill everyone should atleast have some knowledge about. Whether or not they actually want to for a broken steering line is up to them. Personally, I will. I land on rears almost every jump and know I could bring it to a stop safely if I had/wanted to. Landing on them to a stop for the heck of it was really just something that never crossed my mind. Interesting.

anding on them to a stop for the heck of it was really just something that never crossed my mind. Interesting.

Give it a try. You might get a kick out of it...or you might think its pointless.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Why, oh why not at Aggieland dear Dave...Cause every time I come up there I am Tandem Beioch!
It would be nice to come and just play! Hmmmm an Idea emerges from the depths of my inner delirium!
Yes play at Aggieland I must!
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

Then maybe you should think about the AOT Memorial Boogie in September.

We've got Sigmas, I'm sure you'd have one to jump if need be.:P

(Seriously, though, the boogie would be the time to come visit).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Greg lands his ST to a complete stop on his rears on every single jump, as do several others around here.

Why?

Cause its KEWL!
Seriously, I do sometimes transition to toggles to get more distance, but only if I am going for distance, I enjoy experimenting with my canopies...I mean the Army's canopies (sorry Uncle Sam)
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

Might not work on an airlocked canopoy.

Will not work on an airlocked canopy. Tried it once after doing a hands off toggles landing due to a break line knot. All it does is put an inflated wing behind you :S
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Here are 2 more I just found although the second one is a strange swoop technique (but it works ;)
Same thing as before - Not me but I took the photo!
So all rights reserved! :)
Oh I forget to mention that the person on the second picture is going headdown under canopy :ph34r: