freeflydrew

Post your Hot Swoop Pic(s)

Wow, that's an old picture. That canopy has been sold a couple times since.

I made those however they can be ordered as an option or yours can be modified. I haven't used triples in quite a while but recently borrowed a rig with the same canopy I jump and triples. I liked it and might give it another go.

They're not very popular anymore.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Wow, that's an old picture. That canopy has been sold a couple times since.

I made those however they can be ordered as an option or yours can be modified. I haven't used triples in quite a while but recently borrowed a rig with the same canopy I jump and triples. I liked it and might give it another go.

might seem like a funny question; but isnt that for a reason!?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Greetings, Do you know a reason or are you asking for real?

They never were that popular anyway. Most people tend to use what comes stock with the rig no matter what. Usually they don't know anything different than what they have, good or bad.

Personally I liked them. I jump a pull out and they're not nearly as popular as a throw out either :)
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Greetings, Do you know a reason or are you asking for real?

They never were that popular anyway. Most people tend to use what comes stock with the rig no matter what. Usually they don't know anything different than what they have, good or bad.

Personally I liked them. I jump a pull out and they're not nearly as popular as a throw out either :)

i'm actually asking for real! :)
i jump a throw-out, to me, it makes more sense to deploy your PC into an actual airstream, than having something bubble-burble-dancing on your back that will eventually clear. with a pull-out, YOU are pulling the pin.. probably a matter of opinion.
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

i jump a throw-out, to me, it makes more sense to deploy your PC into an actual airstream, than having something bubble-burble-dancing on your back that will eventually clear.

If you operate a pull-out correctly, the PC is placed in the airstream at the end of your outstretched arm. If you don't believe me try holding onto one - it will be ripped, painfully, from your hand!

oooo-kay.. not trying to be a wiseass, but the "string" from the pud to the actual PC seems to be quite long on those few i've seen; like, the PC willl hardly get out of the way of your back, even at an outstretched arm, or so it seems (i havent seen many pull-outs, and it might have been some time since). what's the thoughts of that "string" (i dont know the proper term for it) wrapping up with bridle and/or PC!?

i'm still curious about the triple-risers, if you have some insight on that one as well.. :)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

oooo-kay.. not trying to be a wiseass, but the "string" from the pud to the actual PC seems to be quite long on those few i've seen; like, the PC willl hardly get out of the way of your back, even at an outstretched arm, or so it seems (i havent seen many pull-outs, and it might have been some time since). what's the thoughts of that "string" (i dont know the proper term for it) wrapping up with bridle and/or PC!?

i'm still curious about the triple-risers, if you have some insight on that one as well.. :)

I call it the lanyard - but I may be wrong too. Anyway, it is about 12 inches long on my rig so with my arm extended it is about by my elbow, which means the PC is catching air and in a fraction of a second is vertically up from your outstretched hand in the airstream, inflated and leaving your grip whether you like it or not!

I hated jumping with triple risers. Extra work packing, they would sometimes snag the knot on the brakeline where the toggle attached (it was older gear) and I never really believed it gave any more mechanical advantage at my level of flying. I doubt it does at any level as the pro-swoopers aren't using them AFAIK.