freeflydrew

Post your Hot Swoop Pic(s)

Here are Little Buddy and Smizo's Swoops.

Both are graduates of the Nitro Rigging School of Canopy Stunts.

They both started skydiving last year.

Little Buddy has about 200 skydives and he is jumping a 27 Xaos 78. Smizo because he has about 120 skydives jumps a 27 Xaos 83. Both of course RDS.

The boys started under a PD 260, moved to a Triathlon 190, Sabre 150, Stiletto 120, Maggot's Stiletto 97 and the current Xaos.

They are doing OK.

Now they are working on their 360 because they have mastered their 270s in about 10 jumps.

Yesterday Smizo swooped about 600' (downwind).

Daddy is very proud.
Memento Audere Semper

I bet having your helmet unbuckled, goggles down, and your neck craned forward added a whole 2.5 inches to your swoop.

You know for a fact it did!

Remember, safety first...or atleast in the top 10.:D

(Old pic from a few years ago, on my old Heatwave).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

HOLY CANOPY SIZE Swoopman! Only fat kids can load a 190 up and get it going so fast that it blurs the camera image! hahahahaaa

Well, it was a 170, so its not *that* big...I felt like that picture again when I jumped a Velo 111 this past weekend. 2.4:1 is a little high for me for everyday jumping, I believe. So I think I'll go with a Velo 120 2.25-ish:1 wingloading.:D

I felt like that picture again when I jumped a Velo 111 this past weekend. 2.4:1 is a little high for me for everyday jumping, I believe. So I think I'll go with a Velo 120 2.25-ish:1 wingloading.

dear lord.:o
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

I felt like that picture again when I jumped a Velo 111 this past weekend. 2.4:1 is a little high for me for everyday jumping, I believe. So I think I'll go with a Velo 120 2.25-ish:1 wingloading.

dear lord.:o

I was thinking that too. but mine was more like. "GOOD GOD!":o

2.4 on a 111 without weight? Holy Christ man! I'm 2.4 without weight on my 96 though. It is a really nice loading up here in CO, but on a 111 Damn Son!
Fat kids get no love do they? At least we don't have to worry about wearing weight belts and shit like that for competitions, like those skinny people do.:D

At least we don't have to worry about wearing weight belts and shit like that for competitions, like those skinny people do.

That's been a hurting point for me this year, as I've lost some weight and I'm not loading my 149 at 1.9 anymore. The last comps I've been around 1.78-1.8. I wish I could have put 10-15lbs on to give me a bit more.

On the flip side, my rig weighs 24.3lbs. I'm only .7lbs under the CPC rig weight limit and I obviously have no extra weight in my rig (unless you count a Cypres and a reserve).

Oh well, having sold my camera setup and then selling my current canopy after the last swoop comp at the end of the month, I should have nearly enough to buy a Velo and all winter to work hard to start dialing the canopy in before next year's season.

Are you coming to the CPC Championship here in August? It is a good time, and the pond is really nice here. Things are much faster up here in Colorado to, so you may have a good time on the crossfire.

No, unfortunately, I can't this year. I'm already going to start trying to plan to go next year. Starting with getting time off requests being submitted once I can along with airline tickets being bought very shortly after that.