freeflydrew

Post your Hot Swoop Pic(s)

This one has a nice background with the Beaver and Cessna all blurred - still need to use risers, loosen the chest strap and lean forward - in otherwords learn to swoop. But I like the pic anyway.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I copied the stitching technique from a photo on this thread. The camera was not locked off, the stitching done by hand in photoshop. (PM me if you want a lowdown on the technique - it's easy)

This was the first time I took part of a "swoop'n'chug" - very very very fun.

Photo depicts last part of a swoop... style is not nice (particularly middle photo), but accuracy for beer wasn't bad. BTW the toggle switch after feet were planted was totally instinctive to get to the beer... :)
Me (17s)
The winner (Mach) (12s)

--
Be careful giving advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it.

Check out the rainbow trailing behind me...pretty cool, I cant say that I have seen that before...taken by our resident Golden Knight. Chuck Karcher...

No photoshop whatsoever...pretty cool, huh?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Personal_Galleries/SkySlut/Swooping&image=IMG_2178_BARRY_RAINBOW_SWOOP.jpg&img=&tt=

Sweet pics man!

Now, why didn't yall get swooping hard like that when you were in Aggieland?:P

See, another example to the low time jumpers who don't think you can swoop the piss out of a stiletto! Its all about the canopy pilot and da-lama proves it.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Greg lands his ST to a complete stop on his rears on every single jump, as do several others around here.

You say that like it's a good thing. I thought one of the finer arts of swooping was knowing when to transition to toggles and how to do it smoothly.

If you want to see examples of people doing that most every single jump under a very small crossbrace, just watch Dusty Smith at Eloy.

that would be impressive to see, i know i've tried, and could never get it not to stall on me......

You misunderstand. Greg has absolutely no problem flying his ST to a complete stop safely and without rear-riser-stalling. It's pure finesse.

and not to say this this is not impressive, this is really kick ass........but that's not really getting everything out of your canopy, your really shorting yourself on distance........

but hey, it looks cool, and lets face it, it's all about looking cool right:PB|

later