jdhill

New from PD???

Up until the Vengence and Velocity most of PD's canopies were named after knifes/swords. Excaliber, Sabre, Stiletto... Katana would be a likely follow on name.

stiletto 2=sounds like a girls canopy(nice girls):P
velocity =sounds fastB|
Vengence=sounds dangerous!:o
Katana =?:ph34r:
How 'bout "Wrath of God"=that sounds sporty.:)...mike
-----------------------------------
Mike Wheadon B-3715,HEMP#1
Higher Expectations for Modern Parachutists.

Katana =?

Sounds like a dumpy 600 cc sportbike (previous YZF 1000 owner). How about they call it a "Kaiser Blade" of course some folks will call it a "Sling Blade" but "Kaiser Blade" is nice.:)
-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

Sounds like a dumpy 600 cc sportbike (previous YZF 1000 owner).

The Katana didn't deserve to be called a sport bike. It's an entry-level sport-tourer if anything.

That having been said, if it's true that this canopy is a replacement for the Stiletto, designed to compete with the Crossfire2 then I am waiting like a kid on the night before Christmas.

Damn. I think I've just wet myself.B|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

If it is a nine cell I'm sure it will be a more fully elliptical design (not the 3 end cells like the stilleto) and it will have a formed nose with a deeper control range and better slow flight capabilities. Just a wild guess though. Follow the leader.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

I wasnt saying that kangi is what is said. kanji is the alphabet and where in english we have 26 letters in outs there are over 26 thousand kanji in the japanese "alphabet" yes the same kanji can mean many different things determined in which context it is used (kind of like there and thier, here and hear, two and to and too...etc) or more so like how we use cypres as an aad but to the lamen ear it may mean a tree. as far as the context goes, though, the ad has "cuts" in it and with the added knowledge of previous products we could assume that it would mean katana.

just my 2 ones...

-yoshi

: i heard it was going to be a mid performance canopy. and it wouldn't really have a "name". it would only have a symbol. being the symbol in the bottom right corrner of the page.
***the canopy formerly known as stilletto....

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

I was talking to Brian Germain about canopy names a while back. While the Japanese word for "divine wind" is cool as hell as a canopy name, it took on a whole new meaning on Dec. 7, 1941. Bummer...

I'd still fly one...:D

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

stiletto 2=sounds like a girls canopy(nice girls)

Don't make me fly circles around your PD 210 butt. hmmmm....speaking of girly canopies. :D:P

Wile you are flying circles around me...you may as well dock! We could do a DRAG PLANE with your little
Crossfire.:):)
-----------------------------------
Mike Wheadon B-3715,HEMP#1
Higher Expectations for Modern Parachutists.

I'd still fly one...:D

Yea me too!...mike

I was just recently told it might be a good idea to be at Rantoul....hint hint.

Also - had a talk with one of the biggies at PD a couple years ago right when the Crossfire came out...

Asked him if he was going to update the Stiletto or come out with a 27 cell. His response was that they had been testing those designs for a while and they would only be release if their was a demand from the market place.

OK, so PD has a new ad in Parachutist... "designed to slice up the competition." What is the buzz on what and when they will release?

If I remember corrently, they did a similar campaign with the Velocity... baiting the market... A little tickler, then a name, then the info, spread over several month before the actual release...

I've heard rumblings about new materials vs. new design, but nothing concrete, and based on the tag line it might suggest high performance market segment.

Anyone?

Josh

Noticed something on the PD site today I don't think I have paid any real attention to in the past:

Vengeance, the first in a series of airlocked canopies from PD

http://www.performancedesigns.com/vengeance.htm

yeah, but it also means katana if in the correct context as stated before.. each kanji character can have several different meanings depending on the context... not that I am saying in this case it means katana, because the context would support blade or sword. ahh well I guess we will jsut have to wait and see

-yoshi

***airlocked 27 cell...

I agree... if PD where to do something next,I'd anticipate this move.Only Logical considering the line up they have already,which just about covers everyones needs.
Maybe the ' K' stands for ' Kiss My Ass '