mariann

PST Panama City rocked - thank you!!!!

It's been a week after my return from Panama City, and I wanted to send a public "THANK YOU" not only to Jim and Lyle, and all the PST staff who organized and helped run this event, but also to all my fellow swoopers and family that I had the privilege to hang out with for 5 days.

Great courses, great helicopters, great competition, great weather, great DJ, great vibe. And in spite of the Spinnakers staff, we had some of the most kick ass parties to date!

But most importantly, I wanted to share with everybody this story. There were several people (friends and family) that traveled a great distance to hang out with me at this event. Some of them had never been to a swoop meet before. By the end of the weekend, they were impressed with the swoops and how good the pilots were, but they were mostly floored by the kind of people they met there. You guys and gals are the most honest, fun, genuine people you could find out there, and it really shows. All my friends felt welcome, included, comfortable, and they had an awesome time. I was so proud to call you all my friends. People understand going to competitions to measure your skills and learn, but it's hard to explain the cameraderie we have when we all get together. It was great for other people to understand what I find most important about going to the swoop meets - spending time with and playing with my swooping family.

Oh - and they were also most impressed with our parties.

Thanks everyone. Can't wait to do it again!!!

Mariann