BluDvn222

Video on the net of 418 ft swoop??????

I'm getting somewhat irritated too guys ... I talk to Jose about it every day and he keeps saying the same thing over and over and over. I'm goin to ask him to just let me do it on the computer if he just tells me what I gotta do or SOMETHING ... I want it posted just as much as you guys, believe me. He's either really really busy or just being lazy about it ... He's a cool guy tho, don't get me wrong!

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

Whats the big deal? Once you see a few 300 footers thats about the same but the swoop lasts longer.

I saw video of it at DeLand, and actually, it was pretty damn impressive. A lot of speed disappeared at a bit over 300 feet, and it just kept going and going. The way the lift was maintained at such slow speeds looked really cool. Like swooping a Sabre or Stilleto. ;)
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

No, I am a poser. I could not get one of my own pictures for the icon because it said that the picture was too big. So, I used my buddy Craig Girard. He is my role model and a badass.

I tried making my picture smaller, but it still won't work. Can anyone help.

I didn't think you had to use your own picture seeing how some people have monkeys and shit.

send me your picture in an e-mail and I will shrink it down. For the record, I have been friends with Craig since well before he left the army parachute team and instantly recognize photos of his style. As to "other" avatars: that's fine, it's not a pic of another "real" person who might not want their pic being used to identify another person. The post in the talkback forum by some disgruntled young lady spells that out fairly succintly.

Chuck

Yeah, Avatar! That's the word. What the heck does that mean? Anyway it's kind of funny how changing your avatar changes it for all your posts from years ago. I can't even look at Jethers' old avatar and say "hey, that is Craig." :S

"How do you like my groin to your foot style?"

Couldn't help posting this on Avatar

There is a book from the mid 80's called -Snowcrash. Awesome Si-Fi. Way ahead of it's time, in that what he saw then is now.

Avatars where your virtual presentation of yourself in a Virtual Reality world that is like an internet city today where you logged on, and lived your life on line. Lived in a house, in a city and interacted with other people, in the form of their Avatar. They have site's like that today.

Not that anybody cares, but that has to be where the term came from, at least as how it is used today.

Cool book, if you can find the time.

----------------------------
bzzzz

ah hell. too much time

2. Defining Avatars

The use of the term avatar to represent the self or user in the context of shared on-line Internet environments first occurs in the early 1980's with the development of LucasFilms's Habitat project (Morningstar and Farmer 275). The term came to popular consciousness with the success of the novel SnowCrash (Stephenson). Discussions of the nature of the avatar are often mixed with current cyborg theory. Although the avatar and the cyborg share numerous social constructions and identity politics, in the interest of developing an understanding of the avatar, it is necessary to distinguish it from its cousin, the cyborg.

----------------------------
bzzzz

It was done downwind. In that case, does it really matter?

I have seen one swoop on no wind that was well in excess of 400ft. I have also heard of another one by a canopy manufacturer on an unreleased crossbraced airlocked canopy into the wind in excess of 400ft. Those are the ones you should be looking for video on.;)

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.