freeflyz

Cobalt Demo 120

I demoed a cobalt 120,this is what i think of it. I like the way it dives with front riser pressure,really good swoop through out the power curve,But the opening i can do without.Takes 800ft to 1200ft to open,and when it does open one side inflates and guess what it spins violent and ended up in line twist caused by one side to infalte first.But a pretty good overall canopy!;)

Wow... 1,200 ft. Mine doesn't take that long!

I have a cobalt 120 and it's usually always on heading when it opens... but part of this is because I watch the opening. If I see one side inflating before the other I'll shift my weight in the harness (that's really all the adjustment it needs). I've never had open so unevenly that it violently spins.
Pink Mafia Sis #26

I have @ 200 on my 120 and i have had maybe 3 "bad" openings, and ALL of them were due to bad body position (i knew when i dumped it was gonna be weird)...
I have to say it is the most consistant canopy i have ever owned....
I would buy another in a heart beat....
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

I have about 150 jumps on cobalts. I know that is relatively little experience but after demo'ing one i ordered a brand new 135. My dzo was kind enough to let me jump his 135 untill mine came in. I have had a few strange openings but, like stated before, i knew it was going to be bad as soon as i threw out. There are approx 8-10 cobalts at my home dz and everyone loves them. I am planning on buying another one for my second rig.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I've had line twists 3 times on my Cobalt. All three I let a packer do the honors. In all fairness to him, I dumped with my shoulder way low on one of them. I knew it was going to spin up when I dumped it. When I pack it, I get consistent openings...500 ft, quick without being hard just the way I like them. I hate a long snivel. I don't roll anything or push anything in.
I am real real curious to try a CF2, heard a lot of good things on them. I'd like to demo a CF2 and compare it against a Comp Cobalt. I don't think the CF2 against a reg Cobalt is a real fair match up. I'd take the reg Cobalt against the original Crossfire. I thought the original Crossfire was weaker in flare. I liked the Crossfire, just hated the long opening and I was pissed off at Simon at the time.

JJ
JJ

"Call me Darth Balls"