AggieDave

New Parachutist Centerfold Swoop Pic...

Anyone have video of this or how they landed safely after swooping at each other. Some jumpers (some of which are DZ swoopers) and I were discussion if they broke left and cut across each other or if they cut back to the right, straightening back out.

So, did anyone witness this or have the video, I'd like to see how they did it.

Also, I'm a bit worried that people with out the skill level are going to try this at some point, even though there was a "warning" in the Safety Check column...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Was there, saw it, have video, have pictures from a differnet angle (on my web site)... they did not swoop directly at each other... they actually had quite a bit of separation... JC carved around one side of the pond while Clint carved the other... both made it to the opposite shoreline, although I don't remember Clint's landing to be very soft... was very cool to watch. I would not recommend trying this at home.

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

I don't think the ones in the picture are the stolen ones anyway -- there are four there, and only two were stolen.

The 2 that were taken had the stars and stripes on them and should really STAND OUT if used anywhere else.

Skydiving is for cool people only

I have a 4 photo sequenece of this swoop posted on my web site starting here: http://vividviews.com/images/details.php?image_id=1236

I think you'll see that it was a combination of the lens focal length and the angle from which the centerfold shot was taken that makes it look much closer than it really was. I'm not downgrading the swoop in any way, it was still awesome to watch!
- Chris Norton
Vivid Views: Thousands of skydiving pictures online