Watcher

Velocity

This last weekend I spent flying a demo Velocity 120 (12 jumps, more to follow this weekend). And while i was getting a great landing on straight in approaches and almost getting more distance than my Nitron 120 coming out of a 360 front riser carve (amazing wings, really a dream to be under) the front riser attempts always left me way high as the pressure built up. On my Nitron I started at 1000 ft for my carve which put me out perfect, the velocity at 500 on a 180 left me atleast a hundred feet high. I am also haveing slight trouble as the riser pressure increases the canopy pulls away. The obvious answer some would say would be start lower, but i was wondering if there is a way to make it dive harder while turning less in the dive without it pulling away from me. Joe Bennet said the pressure would lessen as I approach a greater wingloading, at 1.5:1 its still alittle light but Ian Bobo said better to start with a Velocity the same size as you are jumping now to really appreciate the characteristics before i make my way down to the 96-103 range.
Thanks for the advice.
Jonathan
D-24687

I believe you want to use the front riser as long as possible and as soon as you know it's about to pull away from you transition to full weight shift and you can release the riser...
it's clean with very little drag and builds up a lot of speed.
Fly safe, and fly smooth....