Meso

Username: larson714 - Classifieds Buyer Scam

The following scam has been reported:

On 23-Nov-2015 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => larson714

Name => larson

FromEmail => [email protected]

City =>

Country =>

Comments => I will like to know if your advert posted still available for sale?Email me your asking price.

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.

I hope I'm allowed to add on to this post but it wouldn't let me start a new one on my own. I just wanted to add that in the last day there was, I assume, a female who emailed me since the complete skydive set I'm selling is more of a ladies size. Her "name" is CynthiaQuach7. She initiated the emails stating her rigger said my equipment was perfect for her and so she asked me to consider the complete set sold. She asked how I would like payment and asked for my photos. I obliged and explained to her I only except Paypal and gave her the total cost and also that I would not mail it to her until Paypal confirmed to me that the money went through. She would email me fairly often through the day asking me to send more pictures and then the last email she asked me to send her photos of different angles. At that point I just blocked her.

I started getting a bunch of weird emails from this guy saying he wanted to buy my Safire 2 for his Son. He even started texting me on 202-507-9268. Wouldnt tell me where I needed to ship the canopy, just that he was sending me a bank check for the purchase. His emails were odd in that he didn't use proper english or words. He went as far as sending me a usps tracking number for the check he was sending me. The check track started ou near San Juan Puerto Rico. Whenever I asked him detailed information he always gave me some strange answer. His email address that he is using is [email protected]

cmf1

, a female who emailed me since the complete skydive set I'm selling is more of a ladies size. Her "name" is CynthiaQuach7. She initiated the emails stating her rigger said my equipment was perfect for her and so she asked me to consider the complete set sold. She asked how I would like payment and asked for my photos.

The same female, Cynthia Quach ([email protected]), contacted me about my rig today. Said exact same thing, that her rigger said the rig was perfect for her. My rig is made for 6' 210lbs. She put her address as 800 Pennsylvania St., Apt. 151X, Denver, CO for shipping. She asked for my bank account numbers for payment. Told her the rig would ship after cash arrived. Wonder if she'll respond.

Same here.....:
text copied from email i received...

Username => eirectx

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/jump.cgi?Detailed=183325

Name => Cynthia Quach

City => Denver, CO 80203

Country => United States

Comments => My rigger says this is perfect for me.
Pls consider the rig sold.
How would you like payment?
Could you send me pictures of the Javelin Odyssey and main?

Waiting...
Cynthia

Name => Cynthia Quach

City => Denver, CO 80203

Country => United States

Comments => My rigger says this is perfect for me.
Pls consider the rig sold.
How would you like payment?
Could you send me pictures of the Javelin and main?

Waiting...
Cynthia

I guess the same person is back trying to fish ...glad I decided to search for the name here as the person would not provide contact from the rigger or herself so I could check the story. Be aware

Similar to the Larson Wayne email:

On 14-Mar-2016 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => larry5000

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/jump.cgi?Detailed=183764

Name => larry

City =>

Country =>

Comments => Email me your asking price if your advert posted still available for sale.

I told him my price and got this wonderful specimen of the English language:

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to inform you that am OK with the price and willing to
pay for price,I would have love to come personally for viewing but am
not around due to nature of my work,Am a Net working Engineer for
Engineering company.We move from one location to another And believe
that is in good condition base on your explanation, Arrangement for
the payment and the pick up by my Shipping when Check cleared in your
account,I really need it for my Son (Andrew)You will send the below
information to me so that I can send out the Certified check to you as
soon as possible,I will contact my Associate to sent the Certified
check to you as soon as possible kindly bear with me,The check will
take only 2-3 days to cleared to your account which will be sent to
you soon .I want you to send the following details:

FULL NAME ON THE CHECK:-................................

FULL ADDRESS:-..............................

ZIP CODE:-...........................................

CELL PHONE:-............................

More important there will be some excess fund on the check that for
the shipping.
Am buying this in good faith and trust.
I will wait for your response as soon as possible.

A username query shows he registered on Feb 29, 2016, 7:02 AM
and has never logged in. I asked for his son's USPA number, home/current DZ, or rigger's contact info. I doubt I hear from him again.

I got same response from "larry clark". I have asked him for his son's dropzone because the skydiving community is very small and I don't want a bad reputation for selling gear to someone that would not be appropriate for them. I am still waiting for a reply.
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.