Meso

New Scam Protection/Removal Feature

I've noticed quite a bit of an increase in scammers recently, particularly the seller scammers. In turn, I sat down with our developer and we have created a small piece of functionality that will help us in removing scam sellers quicker.

The way it works, is that we have a few editors on the site who will have access to a button that when they see a scam ad, and the button is clicked - will then disable the user of that ad, as well as unpublish all their other ads.

At the same time, it will set an alert on that user's profile to say that they have been marked as a scammer.

Since our editors are only human and there will always be some time period before these ads are spotted and flagged, you may have already initiated contact with the seller. Thus we advise that anyone who is performing a purchase on the classifieds, just take down the seller's username and before any payment is made, come back to check on that seller's profile.

This is of course not a fool proof method, and some scammers may still slip through - but I hope that it can offer some extra protection to buyers on the site.

PS: If you are an active, long time member and frequent classifieds user, and want to apply to be an editor to help in this cleaning process, you can send me a PM.