Meso

Username: maryjason35 - Classifieds Buyer Scam

The following scam has been reported:

On 28-Apr-2015 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => maryjason35

Name =>

FromEmail => [email protected]

City =>

Country =>

Comments =>
Am interested in buying your Katana 170..before i proceed,How is the conditon,What is the final price.do you accept Paypal as a mode of payment.Kindly email me back: [email protected]

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.

They just tried the same with me and wrote a ridiculous email after I asked where she jumps/dropzone reference and for"her" full name, etc. Here is the response:

"Thanks for your prompt response ,I was just about to book the pick up
schedule with the pick up agent when i had a problem about their
payment method. They are only accepting payment through Western union
money transfer but i am currently on sea due to my status of work, so
i want to add the pick up agent pick up fee to your item cost price
credited to your Paypal account and the pick up fee is ($500.00) so i
will be crediting the total amount of($1,900.00), the extra ($100.00)
is for the Western union transfer fee for you to transfer the pick up
agent fee through Money gram. Once i have these done and you have pick
up agent fee sent to them, the pick up arrangement will be
scheduled,just wanted to let you know before i proceed with the
payment, please advice and i please advice and i will be looking
forward to read from"

>:(

The same with me! Received yesterday this email from maryjason35:

Thanks for your prompt response ,I was just about to book the pick up schedule with the pick up agent when i had a problem about their payment method. They are only accepting payment through Western union money transfer but i am currently on sea due to my status of work, so i want to add the pick up agent pick up fee to your item cost price credited to your Paypal account and the pick up fee is (500.00Eur) so i will be crediting the total amount of($1,850.00), the extra (100.00Eur) is for the Western union transfer fee for you to transfer the pick up agent fee through Money gram. Once i have these done and you have pick up agent fee sent to them, the pick up arrangement will be scheduled,just wanted to let you know before i proceed with the payment, please advice and i please advice and i will be looking forward to read from

After asking her why she wants to spend so much money for a pick up service instead of a normal shippment there was no more response...